Very cheap diffuser for L0D-CE

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
My gf said that my lip is chapped and bought me a chapstick (one with blue label). After I applied on my lip, I got curious. I took the cap and put it on my L0D-CE... It fits PERFECTLY. It also protects lens from scratches!

Oh, it wont fit the DX CREE R2, you either need to make the inside of the cap thinner or tape the cap to the R2... Still works quite nice.

Hope it's not a repost.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
cheapest diffuser is 3M scotch tape, just watch for excessive bezel temperature [extended high on L92 lithiums for example,] and it won't make a mess on the head.
since the glass is recessed, try not to let the tape touch the glass.
your diffused light will be football [American, not European] shaped, I guess thats just how tape wErks:candle:

EDIT: :oops: [see below]

Last edited:

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I have actually seen other ppl recommend the chap stick trick. Another good one someone told me was to use a clear film canister. Works perfectly on my rc-n3

Marduke

Flashaholic
cheapest diffuser is 3M scotch tape, just watch for excessive bezel temperature [extended high on L92 lithiums for example,] and it won't make a mess on the head.
since the glass is recessed, try not to let the tape touch the glass.
your diffused light will be football [American, not European] shaped, I guess thats just how tape wErks:candle:

But it must be satin tape, not matte. Satin tape smooths the beam without blocking a lot of light like matte does.

If the lens is glass, I go ahead and cut the tape to fit directly onto the lens. It stays put much better and produces a better beam. Scotch tape lifts right off of a glass lens without any problems if you want to remove it.

Illum

Flashaholic
But it must be satin tape, not matte. Satin tape smooths the beam without blocking a lot of light like matte does.

If the lens is glass, I go ahead and cut the tape to fit directly onto the lens. It stays put much better and produces a better beam. Scotch tape lifts right off of a glass lens without any problems if you want to remove it.

yeah, in the unmelted state yes

I used tape as a diffuser on the surefire G2, removing it is a whole 'nother matter:ohgeez:

Illum

Flashaholic
Sorry, I posted right after I saw the title and didn't read the thread post :banghead: :ohgeez:

yeah the chapstick idea works, but my chapsticks caps either fits loosely or too snug:candle:

I shin them with tape too:D