ARC6 Received Today

wolverine1

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I just received my ARC6 today. This is a wonderful light. Like the people who have been the "Testers", the ARC6 meets all my expectations, and then some. I have one that was bought on eBay, and the light is wonderful to say the least!

Please, no negative comments. I am just telling the Truth, take it for what it is worth, from me!

The Led is very warm compared to the other lights I have. In other words to me a slight warm yellow.

For me this was money very well spent.

For the ones sitting in the background this in my opinion is a Great Light!

Thanks,

Rick

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
THIs ThreD is UselesSS WitHoUt PiCs!
:eek::faint::caution::tinfoil::shakehead:):scowl::huh::ironic::eek:oo::duh2::thumbsup:

Sorry, i didnt want to have to go all the way to edc forums for that..

Crenshaw

wolverine1

Newly Enlightened
I am very sorry about not having any pictures. Please, go look in the "Arc Beta Test" Forum. Their pictures are probably better than anything I could have taken. I am fairly new at this and I do not have an account where I can host pictures. Also, unfortunately my camera just got dropped!

Again, please take a look at the "Arc Beta Test" Forums!

Thanks,

Rick

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
...The Led is very warm compared to the other lights I have. In other words to me a slight warm yellow...

The tint is actually the best I've seen thus far in portable LEDs. I like warm tints but the vast majority of LED's with warm tint have a shift towards green. Compared to a Seoul WO tint, these K2-TFFT's appear more like incandescent. It's really hard to describe and capture with a camera but these K2's have their own character. Also, the tint through the entire beam is uniform, typical of Luxeons. I had forgotten how the Seoul's (and to some extent, Cree) tint varied from the center to the fringes when compared to the K2's. I hope these K2's represent what we will see in production.

cnw4002

Newly Enlightened
I am very sorry about not having any pictures. Please, go look in the "Arc Beta Test" Forum. Their pictures are probably better than anything I could have taken. I am fairly new at this and I do not have an account where I can host pictures. Also, unfortunately my camera just got dropped!

Thanks,

Rick
/If you want to post pictures to forums you can use http://photobucket.com/, http://www.imageshack.us/ both are free and can resize for forums and web pages and give you the link to insert in messages.

toby_pra

Flashaholic

Thanks,

Rick

Dont post that you got one, when you dont show pictures...:thumbsdow :tsk:

Just fun...:duck::hahaha::lolsign:

wolverine1

Newly Enlightened
toby_pra,

Have not heard from you in awhile. Hope you are doing o k over there in Germany. I am still enjoying the SPY005 you sold me awhile back :thumbsup:. Good to hear from you. What a bad time to have the camera drop :hairpull:. Oh well it could have been worse :sigh:.

Take Care,

Rick

toby_pra

Flashaholic
toby_pra,

Have not heard from you in awhile. Hope you are doing o k over there in Germany. I am still enjoying the SPY005 you sold me awhile back :thumbsup:. Good to hear from you. What a bad time to have the camera drop :hairpull:. Oh well it could have been worse :sigh:.

Take Care,

Rick

Thanks. I am fine...:grin2:

Fine you like your Spy. I miss it a little. :candle:

Without camera its real hard. no beamshots, no pictures. :shakehead
Did you like the finish of your new Arc? In the other pictures shown, it looks
alsways as if it is painted and not anodized.

wolverine1

Newly Enlightened
Hello Toby_pra,

I really like the "finish" on the light. Now that you mention it, it does almost look to be painted! To me it seems very smooth. The HA seems that it was done very well. The NG sleeve and the head seem to be very close in color and texture, if not exact. The guarded sleeve compared to the head appears to have just a small shade in difference. I believe I read in one of Peter's threads that the two "sleeves" were done on the same day but different batch?

So far I have not found any problems with the light.

I have noticed one thing. I have been using Battery Station rechargeable 123's. If I set the light to number 7 (brightest), the the light goes out after about 2 seconds. I finally figured that the batteries protection circuit was kicking in and shutting off the power from the battery. I tried another battery from AW (protected) and the light did not trip the circuit breaker. I noticed in the manual Peter does suggest non-protected rechargeable batteries and I guess that is one of the reasons.

Rick

cryhavok

Enlightened
My arc6 was supposed to arrive on Friday but FEDEX stinks! :mecry:

Apparently they do not know how to read an address (or whoever handles arc shipping didn't write my correct address) so now I have to wait until Monday to go to the facility and pick it up myself :crazy:

I don't know why FEDEX was chosen over USPS priority mail? It is more expensive AND slower!

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hello Toby_pra,

I really like the "finish" on the light. Now that you mention it, it does almost look to be painted! To me it seems very smooth. The HA seems that it was done very well. The NG sleeve and the head seem to be very close in color and texture, if not exact. The guarded sleeve compared to the head appears to have just a small shade in difference. I believe I read in one of Peter's threads that the two "sleeves" were done on the same day but different batch?

So far I have not found any problems with the light.

I have noticed one thing. I have been using Battery Station rechargeable 123's. If I set the light to number 7 (brightest), the the light goes out after about 2 seconds. I finally figured that the batteries protection circuit was kicking in and shutting off the power from the battery. I tried another battery from AW (protected) and the light did not trip the circuit breaker. I noticed in the manual Peter does suggest non-protected rechargeable batteries and I guess that is one of the reasons.

Rick

thanks very much for the informations...:D

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got to see 4 yesterday! :D

:huh2: How did you get to see 4 Arc6? :poke: HEHE! :grin2:

These pictures are just point-n-shoot with a flash so they are not that great. I was feeling lazy at the time. :p As you can see there are some slight "variations" in the anodizing color match but this is not unusual IMHO. ;) Drop in the new battery, twist to high.....VERY BRIGHT! :cool: It doesn`t take long for the driver to kick down a level but it is still very bright. :cool: The heat being generated at the high output can be felt throughout the light so there appears to be a great thermal path but driving an LED hard in a small light can only be done for short runs and that is where the Arc6 thermal kick down feature helps keep things cool. :thumbsup: Oh, blah, BLAH Kenster :p so here are the pics. :tinfoil:

006-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

013-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kenster...:duh2: 4 ARC6's... you are the crazy smilie nuts guy! Have fun causing peoples jaws to drop with your crazy sale schemes!

Mayo