Idea for new led flashlight!

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
1)Take a flashlight like a Olight or Fenix that can run off of aa or cr123
2)Add a aa to aaa adapter
3)Take a Mag d cell along with d to c adapter

Modify the mag so that the head of the Olight/Fenix screws into the mag and enlarge the relector opening. You would have one light that runs off of aaa,aa,c,d,and cr123. Offer it in kit form in it's own carrying case. it would be good for edc,emergency,long runtime. It will definitely settle the best battery/form factor arguments.:devil:

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just thought of one more thing. It's needs to be a 2d because those lights I believe can only handle 4.2v. If you use a 3 d or more it would probably fry the driver.

jake25

Enlightened
I think you're very confused about LED's

It doesn't matter how many volts is sent through a driver, it can get up to 18V as long as theres a buck driver like the P3D

Using 10440's or AAA's is a bad idea since the Mah is so low they will have 0 runtime. AA's would only be a bit better, using 18650's in a 2D Mag is already common.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could use the aaa's on the low settings and it would give reasonable runtime and I don't know that I would put 18v into a light that states 0.8 to 4.2v input.:poof:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I've had a similar idea.

My idea has a 1 D sized tube that parts inside of it that can keep batteries down to CR2 side stably.

But my idea would be pretty big compared to what you have though up(quick patent it;)).