500mW Green Laser

eav2k

Newly Enlightened
At $1,250.00 its way out of my price range but DX now has the FirePoint Green Laser Pointer rated at 500mW. Has anyone seen these? Any reviews.

picrthis

Enlightened
I doubt it is real at all, in terms of True 500mw power, why? because it shows it is made by Viasho, which produces the RPL's and Optotronics gets first pick on their production, and they don't even have a True 500mw unit.

Sure it may peak at 500mw but for how long? ( 5 secs?) and then what will be the sustained output? 250mw if your lucky?, how long before it over-heats & shuts down?

You only get a 30 day warranty to which YOU must pay to ship to China and back yourself, that will probably takes months & cost you $100.00+ for shipping both ways (no paypal @ the factories), and remember China factories only take wire transfers which usually cost around $45.00 in addition to the actual money your sending them to cover return shipping cost.

What happens if customs confiscates it after all of that? your SOL; or it finally comes back & you still have an issue with it? Guess what you start the whole cycle over again at your expense.

All of that for what? ($239.00 savings ??) Optotronics sells a True rated 400mw that Peaks @ 500mw too and for only a couple of hundred dollars more, you get a guaranteed Laser backed by an American company that stands behind the product 100% for a Full Year, that is priceless today. It gets shipped from within the USA to you and if you ever have a problem, you can overnight back to them for about $25.00 and they will take care of it directly for you.

If it was only a couple hundred dollars and you felt like gambling; I wouldn't, maybe you would get "your monies worth"; other than that, I'd stay clear of it.
Remember DX doesn't test anything, just ask them; their pretty honest, they'll tell you they don't even have a Laser Power Meter.

Jump over to Optotronics and spend an extra $239.00 and chalk it up to quality and the cost of a full 1 Year warranty if you must find a way to justify the "extra" money; but what ever you do, I'd stear clear of DX or KD on high ticket items.

zip

Newly Enlightened
Jump over to Optotronics and spend an extra $239.00 and chalk it up to quality and the cost of a full 1 Year warranty if you must find a way to justify the "extra" money.

I agree, cause six months or a year from now when your Firepoint goes:poof: the show's over.:mecry:

Jack knows his stuff.

deany

Newly Enlightened
That is really expensive,my Green laser 500nW just selling for USD 658.90