Where To Get A Brinkmann...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I need to get my mitts on a couple of Brinkmann Legend 3 AA flashlights, not the 2 AA as in Lambda's Illuminator but the long model that takes three AA batteries. Having a hard time finding one on the net, or if I do it's one of those print-your-company's-name-on-the-light vendors where you have a meet a minimum order.

Anyone know where they could kindly direct me?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks, although I wanted to get one from a vendor offering Priority Mail or similar so it wouldn't be two or three weeks before arrival. Brinkmann won't ship free except in the 48 states unfortunately -- perhaps I'll give them a phone call Monday, see if I can work something out with them.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'd like to find a couple of these as well.. Can you say "direct drive mini-blaster"?
shocked.gif

Man, I just gotta find those copper slugs..
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Dat's whut ah be doin'!

Need da slugs too, dough...

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
For heatsinking the AA Brinkmann's, it looks like I could get away with using a couple of pennies with the detail filed flat and then maybe solder them together.

Last night I prepped the LS/o's collumator by carefully removing the little "chunk" from the edge. It has a groove around the leading edge that nearly perfectly fits into the Brinkmann AA head (with the lens removed) using an R13 sized O-ring for a spacer behind it.

There isn't much room for a step-up circut in there, but we all KNOW that it can fit. Still, I think I'd prefer a direct drive instead of a step-up circut, so the 3 AA looks like the way to go for sure.. I figure that I could always throw in a 1 or 2 ohm resistor if it runs too hot.

The collumator "holder" was easy to remove from the original heatsink using a razor blade to separate the glue. I haven't decided yet whether or not to remove the Luxeon emitter and remount it on the copper slug. The thermal conductivity of copper has me leaning in this direction tho..

Saaby

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slick:
For heatsinking the AA Brinkmann's, it looks like I could get away with using a couple of pennies with the detail filed flat and then maybe solder them together.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Disclaimer: It would probably still be fine...but pennies aern't copper anymore, a lot of people don't realize this, but maybe you already knew. The inside is like a Zinc alloy.

Latest posts