Best AA EDC Flashlight for 80$???

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
So now that I have a Jetbeam Jet-III Pro I.B.S. I need a flashlight to talk with me every day. I never had a light with me every day but now I see that it's quite useful in some situations to have a flashlight in my pocket.

So I'm searching a flashlight to take with me in my pocket every day because the it looks kind of weird walking around with the Jet-III Pro clipped to my belt :rolleyes:.

Here some facts how the flashlight should look like:

- size of Fenix L1D
- uses AA batteries
- if possible >100 lumen (Cree Q5)
- easy to use
- good build quality
- 80$ as a maximum (50€)

It seems that it will be the Fenix L1D or L1T but I want to ask if there are other good flashlight like the the two Fenix lights.

rayman

Last edited:

M.S

Enlightened
Re: Best AA EDC Flashlight for 80$ (50€)???

I got proton pro few weeks ago, I think it's perfect AA EDC.
It was about 35€ from gad-zooks. No problems this time ordering from them, got shipping comfirmation next day and it arrived in less than week.

mightysparrow

Enlightened

What about the upcoming Liteflux LF5XT, with a choice of 1 to 5 stages and user-settable output levels for each stage?

Or the Nitecore Defender Infinity that also has user-settable output levels?

:thinking:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Or in case you want it really pocketable a Lumapower ConneXion for Euro 40 including shipment. LINK

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Or the Nitecore Defender Infinity that also has user-settable output levels?

:thinking:

Looks quite nice where can i get it?

Another question can ich use 14500 with the Fenix L1D? And are there any beamshots where I can compare the L1D textured reflector with the smooth reflector?

rayman

Snow

Enlightened

Looks quite nice where can i get it?

Another question can ich use 14500 with the Fenix L1D? And are there any beamshots where I can compare the L1D textured reflector with the smooth reflector?

rayman

You could easily get one in the marketplace for that price or less.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast

$79 for the LFX5T but it might be complicated to handle

HeadCSO

Enlightened

The 2 Fenix's you have mentioned are great lights. As an alternative, Wolf Eyes Angel A.

Centropolis

Enlightened
So now that I have a Jetbeam Jet-III Pro I.B.S. I need a flashlight to talk with me every day. I never had a light with me every day but now I see that it's quite useful in some situations to have a flashlight in my pocket.

rayman

I also want a flashlight that can talk to me when I am lonely and sad as well. Share my feelings with my flashlight.......Who needs "buddies at a bar getting drunk"?! :) Just kidding.......

Seriously....why not an L1D? The main thing you stated that narrowed your choices was 'easy to use'. Relatively speaking....most of the newer 1AA flashlights that are put out recently have been complicated (easy guys.....it's all relatively) compared to the L1D.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also want a flashlight that can talk to me when I am lonely and sad as well. Share my feelings with my flashlight.......Who needs "buddies at a bar getting drunk"?! :) Just kidding.......

Seriously....why not an L1D? The main thing you stated that narrowed your choices was 'easy to use'. Relatively speaking....most of the newer 1AA flashlights that are put out recently have been complicated (easy guys.....it's all relatively) compared to the L1D.

Fenix L1D with the o/p reflector

My first thought was a L1D because my brother had one. Then I saw the Powerpack from Fenix and I wanted to get this one. But then 4seven introduce a new light. And as the CR123A version has a longer runtime it's better for my as a EDC light. I first thought that the runtime doesn't matter because I can charge it when I come home but then I thought that I don't want to charge my EDC light everyday. So I think the EX10 is perfect for me even when it's not what I wanted in the first place :laughing:.

rayman

Centropolis

Enlightened
My first thought was a L1D because my brother had one. Then I saw the Powerpack from Fenix and I wanted to get this one. But then 4seven introduce a new light. And as the CR123A version has a longer runtime it's better for my as a EDC light. I first thought that the runtime doesn't matter because I can charge it when I come home but then I thought that I don't want to charge my EDC light everyday. So I think the EX10 is perfect for me even when it's not what I wanted in the first place :laughing:.

rayman

Well, if you don't like charging batteries than you better stock up on CR123A primaries. They are cheaper in the US compared to any other country. If I go into a store now and I want a 2-pack of CR123As, it's CDN$16....not kidding you.

I bought the EX10 only because it can be used with RCRs.