Yet another "dead" battery runtime test (NT 120-P/SF E1L-SR)

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
I've been fighting off the stomach flu the past couple days, while I wasn't hurling up the contents of my empty stomach, and doubled over in intense "Alien ChestBurster-esque" pain, I had to do *something* to pass the time

So, I grabbed a couple of "dead" batteries (2.8V, 0% ZTS), and dropped them in the Novatac and my modded SF E1L-SR (Seoul P4/McR reflector) and lit them up

the E1L-SR emitted a good useful amount of light for about 2 hours before dropping into moon mode, eventually extinguishing 5 hours later, looks like this modded E1L-SR is quite the battery sipper, as well as putting out about 85-90 lumens of light (compared against the NT)

the NT would only light on Level 1 (0.8 Lumens) and had a slight flicker (admittedly, I did not perform a battery-reset on the dead cell, it was expecting RCR-123a), but it was still running strong, if a little more flickery a full 12 hours later, and looked to still have more life in it, at this point, I got bored, and ended the test

I was quite impressed how well the E1L-SR's modded KL1 head was able to extract usable light from a "dead" cell (these were leftover batteries from my SF G3 with Lighthound Cree module, they would not light that module), the NT, i was expecting it to perform this well, no surprises there

between the two, the E1L-SR is the more useful general purpose light with "dead" batteries, the NT is a stellar emergency light, especially on that 0.8 Lumen setting