6PD Bezel

Darien

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Well I guess I'll show my ignorance, but I would like to know if the strike bezel on the head of a 6PD is removable? If so, what is the best way? I
have one I've tried to remove with considerable force, but starting to think I'm wasting my time.:thinking:

Darien

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I took the head in my hand and pressed the Bezel ring onto a piece of wood. The corner of a board goes into the deeper part of the crennelations and you just push into the wood and twist at the same time. You'll hear a loud crack and there you go! Easy for me, give it a try.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boil for ten to fifteen minutes, allow to cool slightly before twisting the bezel off.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people are also able to achieve the twisting off stage by placing the head bezel down on a mousepad and twisting. Let us know what works for you.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not buy another bezel? You can get them cheap in BST.

If you look at the inner side of the "teeth" there are indentations. I suspect they are for a special factory tool for installation.

LumenMan

Enlightened
Why not buy another bezel? You can get them cheap in BST.

If you look at the inner side of the "teeth" there are indentations. I suspect they are for a special factory tool for installation.

Excellent advice ! I'm sure that if you look hard enough, you can find a brand new Surefire 6P bezel on the BST section (ahem...cough ! ) :whistle: