Which keychain type LED is the brightest?

stangster

Newly Enlightened
Hi..This is my first post here. This place is really cool.
I would have never imagined that there would be a bbs for lights,
but then again, this is the net!

Anyway, I don't know if this question has been asked before or not.
I tried to do a search for keywords only to come up empty.
So please bear with me if it has been asked a billion times or something.

I have an Inova X5. It's nice. The brightest light I have ever had or seen that size.
My younger brother has a few Surefire's (he's PD) and a couple other lights
that I don't recall the name of but they cost over $50 bucks and they are larger in size.
And I don't even think they were LED lights.

Is there an LED light available that's brighter than the Inova
that's similar in size if not smaller?

I've done some checking around and the Arc LSH seems like a nice one
but would it be worth the price?

Thanks

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Stangster!

As far as the similar size of the X5 and costing below $50, you may want to check what dat2zip has to offer. His BadBoy/MadMax modules are a mainstay here. As is Mr Bulk's LGI. Or Elektrolumen's Blaster series. Or Lambda's Illuminator. There's a lot of 1Watt LS options that are brighter than the Inova, either by modders here or by companies like Inretech or Everled. Just about all these options will cost you under $50 to own, and all of them are at least as bright, or in cases like Mr Bulk's LGI, MUCH brighter than the X5...

As far as keychain size goes, the Arc LS with the 123A tailcap is the smallest you'll be able to go without have to get away from a keychain light. Otherwise, a CMG Infinity Ultra or an Arc AAA LE will do.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my ARC LSH a bit pricey but for one 3volt cr123 lithium battery, I think it's awesome and and led light as well, my edc.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Here is a list of key-chain led lights that I have done runtime plots on listed in order of the amount of milli-amps generated at the beginning of each runtime plot:

Streamlight Key-Mate .380 ma
Pelican L-1 .306
Cmg Ultra-G .269
ARC AAA .261

Do a search of the "Reviews" Forum for the past year and you will find a bunch of reviews and tests of practically any flashlight you could want.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also question if the larger one`s are true key chain lights...I would consider them more small pocket lights. The Arc AAA size is about the largest I woud place in the group. With a Photon being about the smallest. The Streamlight Key Mate does seem to be the brightest...around $10 bucks....down side is bright burn time. The PT Eclipse seems like a great light offering the user the option of lower power levels with the result of good run time...nice easy switching too...low price...around $13. The Arc is the CPF darling...no need to say to much about it...but it is more expensive.

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
Just got a PT Eclipse. I found the Eclipse in high mode to be quite a bit brighter than Photon II. The medium mode seemed to make them equal. Of course a reflector-less keychain light just can't compete with ARC AAA when it comes to light coverage.

Latest posts