Raise your hand if you still use the Streamlight PP 4AA 1W Luxeon

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been about 3 or so years since I bought the Streamlight PP 4AA 1W Luxeon. I still use regularly. I use it with Eneloop rechargeables. Still running great, still amazed by the beam, functionality, toughness.

A lot of Lux and Cree lights have come and gone....this Streamlight has proved to be of great design and functionality.

Chris

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have acquired several lights since I bought a Streamlight PP 4AA, but I still use that light when I have to go out in a heavy rain.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Me !

:wave:

Just wish StreamLight would move to a more modern emitter.

And, while they're at it . . . .

A head with "click-stops" at:

100% power,

25% power, and

5% power.

:whistle:
_

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking for a PP after all the enthusiasm around here just to see what all the fuss is about. I've found a rebadged version, but just of the 5mm-LED one... sigh.
I'd SSC-ify it, of course...

Scott_T

Newly Enlightened
I still us mine, its loaded with some eneloops and sits by the bed. Its got a little glow in the dark fob on it too.

I keep threatening to put a better LED in it but I hate to mess with something so nice.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Great light - regularly loan it out to my daughter for field courses/trips. Blows away anything her classmates or friends have. And it's rugged enough to survive outdoor use well, in all types of weather.

And as a special bonus, it "looks like a dollar store" light, so she's not as worried about getting it stolen. :rolleyes: Her words, not mine ...

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do!! I would like to see the light get made out of aluminum, plus a Q5

EV_007

Enlightened
This is the grab light when I know I'll be dropping it in the mud or handing it off to someone.

Amazing to think that I thought this light was very bright. Good bang for the buck though.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
...And as a special bonus, it "looks like a dollar store" light, so she's not as worried about getting it stolen. :rolleyes: Her words, not mine ...
:crackup:Hilarious! Hmm... just gave me an idea that maybe I'll take mine camping next time and use it as a loaner light to friends... :whistle:

As for use, since I have so many NiMH batteries floating around, I have my PP 4AA loaded and sitting under my bed... but, I hate to say that it doesn't get too much use any more. :( I have my Zebralight H50 and a Dereelight CL1H v3 sitting on my night table and those lights get a lot more duty.

fishx65

Enlightened
Got 5 Propolys modded with seouls that I use more then any other lights I have. To big for an EDC but feels just right when you need a solid hand-held. The Seoul mod really brings these great lights up to date.

Yep. There's simply not many competition that has a UL intrisincally safe rating with the same quality of regulation... Perhaps the UK eLED and something from Koehler.

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't call it tricky, but it is challenging to get the polarities correct in the dark. It does have a good throw, but the tiny hotspot makes it less useful than my T1, P3D and other Cree lights. I'll probably still keep one in the car, unloaded, for the AA cell compatibility in emergencies.

KuoH

I have one in my car's glove box. I find replacing the AA cells to be a bit tricky.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep 2 around, 1 in the car and one at home. Great go-to lights, the bright color makes them easy to see, the clicky is easy to use, common AA cells great for Eneloops or the stash or Costco AAs, fits well in the hand or glove, durable plastic, long run time.

I put SSC P4s in them for a less spotty beam and more light. The mod is difficult to do cleanly, but quite nice.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gave mine to my son and he uses around the house a lot. Its nice to put some rechargable AA's in it and not worry if it is left on accidently. It still puts out a suprising amount of light and is very useful.

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
I still use mine occasionally when I think the light might see some abuse. Great for loaning out or working under a car, don't have to worry about it at all. It's taken two trips down brick stairs from a height of about six feet and shrugged it off no problem, though it has some character for it. It's pretty basic compared to the stuff we mostly use now, but I'm still impressed every time I use it, they really got it right.

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
It's still a great utility light. I just recommended it to my brother who could move up from using a crank light for his nightly walks.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Yep! Even though I have brighter/smaller lights around the house, the SL PP 4AA gets plenty of use. I just love this light and recommend them to my non-flashaholic friends 'n relatives... :D

Latest posts