Wolf Eyes P7 Sniper & Eagle

KeeperSD

Enlightened
I jumped on the Wolf Eyes website today looking for some confirmation for another thread when i noticed these on the front page. I had heard some rumours of these from Glen, but hadn't looked into it any further. Well here they are.

http://www.wolf-eyes.com/product/P7-Sniper detail.html

http://www.wolf-eyes.com/product/P7-E2 detail.html

Rather than me summarising the information on the website i will quote it directly, hopefully this is acceptable to the mods, if not let me know and i will pull it down. I haven't seen any other mention on it yet so i thought i would start a new thread on it.
www.wolf-eyes.com; said:
Brightness:580Lumens (full brightness stage)
Runtime: full brightness stage:1 hour with regulated output ; 2 hours with unregulated output.
Body:Aerospace grade aluminum construction.
Reflector:High temperature processed, layers of alloy coating films.
Finish: Low temperature (-20℃) hard - anodized (HA) finish treatment.
Lamp: SSC P7 LED Lamp Assembly 3.7-6.0V
Switch: Rapid switch between Morse-on and lock-on with over 50,000 times life cycle.
O-ring sealed: Splash proof.
Beam: flood beam with good combination of throw
Weight without battery: 185g
Length: 150mm
Body diameter: 25.4mm
Head diameter: 47mm
Operation Temperature: -25℃-60℃
Color: Tactical black
Package: gift box

Digital LED instruction:
-Soft press till the light comes on 100%, then further pressing the switch will activate default mode functions, according to the sequence of "maximum brightness (100% brightness) -> 30% brightness -> 2% brightness". When you have reached the desired level, press the switch fully to keep the light on at that level.
-When switch on/off for 7 times in Default mode, the light will turn into concealed mode, according to the sequence of "Strobe -> SOS-> Beacon signal".
-After switched off the flashlight for 2 seconds, the default settings resume, and the lamp will enter full brightness when being switched on again.

Looking at the specs, the P7 adds another 20mm to the length, whilst the bezel looks to also add 20mm over a standard Sniper. The bezels are also compatible with the current Snipers and Eagles, so i am assuming that an upgrade package may also be in the offering.

With this being one of first of the reputable mass produced lights to use the P7 it will be interesting to see what they come up with. I am looking forward to seeing one of these in action, although the wife doesn't quite share the same enthusiasm :shrug:

EDIT: I also notice at the bottom of the P7 page (http://www.wolf-eyes.com/product/P7.html ), that there is a M90 version listed, however there is no details on it as yet so i guess it is still under development.

Last edited:

Flashlike

Enlightened
Wow! Those look like some NICE flashlights.
I don't own any Wolf-Eyes flashlights, but I've heard a lot of good things about them. It that battery a proprietary battery (LRB-168A li-ion)?

n4zov

Newly Enlightened
Golly it actually has a lanyard attachment point! I can hardly believe it.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Looks very nice, thanks for the heads up Keeper.
P7-Sniper bezel is compatible with wolf-eyes sniper and defender, explorer series flashlight
Should work with a raider with LRB-168A and one dummy 123.
Norm

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked PTS. Man...they are pricey! I'm sure 580 lumens does not equate to double the brightness of the 290 lumen R2 regular body that I just bought. Although I REALLY like the heft and feel of my current sniper. Feels like you could hammer nails with it! I wonder if they'll sell the bezzel/ head unit to retro fit current snipers?

Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats cool!! just got some money that was owed to me, payed some bills now to get some more lights

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
With this being one of first of the respected mass produced lights to use the P7 it will be interesting to see what they come up with. I am looking forward to seeing one of these in action, although the wife doesn't quite share the same enthusiasm :shrug:

EDIT: I also notice at the bottom of the P7 page (http://www.wolf-eyes.com/product/P7.html ), that there is a M90 version listed, however there is no details on it as yet so i guess it is still under development.
Hi guys, :wave:
The P7 Sniper is limited since the P7 isn't commercially available yet. Wolf Eyes only bought about 100 emitters at almost full retail. When the P7 is commercially available the price will drop, I'm told.

Norm,
We have some heads coming in but I'm not going to add them till next week since I'm on the road this weekend. Our order shipped from Wolf Eyes on Friday so they should be here Wednesday.
At this time there is not a Raider head but it should be available in a week or two.

Cheers,
Mike

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this P7 emitter the next cree model? In other words, is the the "new and improved" Q5 or R2? Or is it something entirely different?:confused:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this P7 emitter the next cree model? In other words, is the the "new and improved" Q5 or R2? Or is it something entirely different?:confused:
The P7 is a SSC led that has 4 Cree dies in it. As a result it is not 5% brighter but 400% brighter.
L-mini Q5 left, MTE 5 mode P7 right
P7Lminibeamshot.jpg

Note the
"Beam: flood beam with good combination of throw"
in the OP.

I have listed most of the P7 lights I came across in this post.
Follow the review/discussion threads for other (more useful outdoor) beamshots.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2449743&postcount=4

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like after seeing some beam shots with this emitter that it's a great floody beam with decent throw. It doesn't appear though that it will be a HUGE thrower... like a Dereelight DBS on steroids or of the such. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dan

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome looking light but that user interface looks horrendous, especially with a forward clicky. I hope there is an option for single mode or just 2 modes like with some of the other wolfeyes LED lights.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Hi guys, :wave:
The P7 Sniper is limited since the P7 isn't commercially available yet. Wolf Eyes only bought about 100 emitters at almost full retail. When the P7 is commercially available the price will drop, I'm told.

Norm,
We have some heads coming in but I'm not going to add them till next week since I'm on the road this weekend. Our order shipped from Wolf Eyes on Friday so they should be here Wednesday.
At this time there is not a Raider head but it should be available in a week or two.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike, is there any more info available:-

eg. 1) what bin are these P7's?
2) are they DD or regulated?
3) if regulated, what is the max. current going to the led?

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the Eagle look like it has a deeper reflector housing than the Sniper? Thjat's the only difference that I can see between the two? Anyone know the differences otherwise?:confused:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look like great lights. I would like another P7 light, and I really did not want to spend the $$$ for the SF. This gives me a great option and the light is also rechargable. The difference in output between my Fenix T1 and P7 longthrow are VERY significant. The P7 is as big as a output leep up from a Q5 led (if not more so) than a Q5 is from a lux 3.