Keychain light suggestions please...

Doug

Enlightened
Looking for a small (not tiny) light, using either AA or 123's, must be able to use rechargeables, multiple levels, have a way to attach to a keychain, adjustable levels, a nice low low level..... suggestions? Thanks!

Doug

MKLight

Enlightened
Check out Peak LED Solutions. Cr123-Check out the Caribbean. For a AA- Check out the Pacific. Fenix's offerings are great, too.

David Gretzmier

Newly Enlightened
EZ- Fenix Lod on 10440 lithium rechargable. 45 bucks plus 25 bucks charger and 10440's. brightest aaa out there.

cheaper- DX R2 AAA Aurora on nimh. 15 bucks plus 15 buck charger and battery package at Wal-mart

Doug

Enlightened
Looks like the Pacific and Caribbean are both single level lights...
Fenix lights, P1D looks ok, but I have read it only has 1 brightness level with RCR123s, P2D looks ok, but the low does not look like it would be low enough...

Check out Peak LED Solutions. Cr123-Check out the Caribbean. For a AA- Check out the Pacific. Fenix's offerings are great, too.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Fenix L0D is on both of our keychains. I have mine loaded with the 10440 for the shock and awe factor, but my wife's has an eneloop in it so that it will work in the rare occasion she needs it.

MKLight

Enlightened
Oops. True. Sorry about that. Like Yucca Patrol said, the Fenix L0D Q4 is a good choice. :)

Looks like the Pacific and Caribbean are both single level lights...
Fenix lights, P1D looks ok, but I have read it only has 1 brightness level with RCR123s, P2D looks ok, but the low does not look like it would be low enough...

Doug

Enlightened
Infinite actually. It has max brightness, strobe, and a user defined mode which can easily be set anywhere between minimum at about 5 lumens and max.

OK, question about the NDI, can you set it to something like, user setting 1 is min, and user setting 2 it something like 75% .... then if you press and hold the button, it goes to MAX while you hold the button?

Marduke

Flashaholic
OK, question about the NDI, can you set it to something like, user setting 1 is min, and user setting 2 it something like 75% .... then if you press and hold the button, it goes to MAX while you hold the button?

The user interface does not work like that. With the bezel loose you have whatever brightness you want. If you quickly tighten and loosen the bezel, the brightness ramps until you stop it wherever you want to reset the user defined mode. If you tighten the bezel, you get turbo. A quick loosen and tighten gives you strobe.

No combination of pressing the switch will get you into any funky modes, it's just a regular forward clicky.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for a small (not tiny) light, using either AA or 123's, must be able to use rechargeables, multiple levels, have a way to attach to a keychain, adjustable levels, a nice low low level..... suggestions? Thanks!

Doug

I'd suggest one of the following two, as they both are programmable, low-lows, fully regulated on LiIon, and feature what are in my opinion excellent beam profiles. Also neither have perceptible PWM flickering:
  • Liteflux LF2x (AAA/10440, programmable 2-stage twisty) -- see links in my sig for more info
  • Liteflux LF5XT (AA/14500, programmable 1-5 stage tail button) -- EACH stage user programmable, and total number of stages is programmable. IE you could have just low/high. OR 1%/3%/10%/30%/100%, Or you could do nothing but strobes and SOS for all 5 levels. At any time, you can click-and-hold for momentary maximum output

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you need something now, the Jet-1 IBS is a great single AA light that is super bright, especially on rechargeable li-ons.

It has 3 programmable levels you can set any which way you want.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
One very small, AA powered [primary or rechargeable], multi-level light that might work depending on how you will be using it is a Zebralight H50 Q5. It may be the smallest AA production light out there. Its low is low. The LED has no reflector so the beam is absolutely even and wide angle. Because of this, it does not throw the light very far, but lights up a close range area very nicely.

The Zebralight H30 uses a single cr123 and does have a lens, so it is not pure flood like the H50, i.e. it has a brighter, but narrower beam.

Doug

Enlightened
You guys have been very helpful, I have ordered a NDI, a LOD, a TK10 (just had to ;)).... and about to order a LF5XT :)