Replacement LED for .........

kc_pig

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. New to the forums. I work as, well, see my name, anyway I need light at night time for my job....... I'm looking to beef up my Streamlight TL-2 LED and Streamlight Scorpion LED. Any place where I can get some good upgrades? Exactly what will I need? Just the light/assembly? I've found replacements for the G2 here. http://cgi.ebay.com/270-Lumens-CREE...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I currently use the Fenix T1 and love it. Having a hard time finding the mods for the Streamlights though. I'm not sure what sizes/specs I should try. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I don't think there are drop-ins for the Tl-2 or LED Scorpion, but you can swap in a Seoul P4 to both of these lights for more output.

How well can you solder and do you have thermal paste/epoxy/glue?

kc_pig

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advise. I'll have to look into those for a little project. Do you know the lumen output on those?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The TL-2 is around 30 lumen for the gen 1 and 40 lumen for the gen 2 and the Scorpion LED is around 36 lumen.

Those are approximate numbers for the older versions. The newer ones have a current gen LED(Streamlight calls it the "C4" LED, though they seem to use two different companies).

Which one do you have?

:welcome: