WF606a Switch

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys im looking for a replacement tail switch, it seems that it has gone south, it wont turn off........

kramer5150

Flashaholic
can you take it apart... and post pics of the internals?

My 501B had a loose switch assembly that would flicker. I took it apart, cleaned it and re-assembled it back and its worked like a champ since.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes i already did that.......its just one of two.....im glad that the other works just fine.......i kept it simple, i cleaned off the terminals, banged it against the wooden table, took off the other switch from my other 606a and it works just fine......lol......so i know that the switch has gone bad.

mhubble

Enlightened
Dont know if it will help you but the tailcap from a ROMISEN RC-G2 will fit perfect on the 606a. Ive got my 606A listed on ebay right now with both switches. If it doesnt sell I can let you have the extra switch( reverse clciky) Email me tomorrow afternoon, Ill let you know then. [email protected]

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks man.....i would like that very much....i can send you a couple of bucks since for me nothing is free.....and i see that you live in va as well...which is good. And as for the RC-G2's ones a p2 and the other is a q5, there both my favorite lights to edc so i wont share switches between them both.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, I saw your post in the budget light thread as well, mentioning that you couldn't find anything on DX. Anyhow, I took mine apart to check the switch out and measure it. Mine comes in at 12MM, so I looked at SKU 5618 and one of the reviewers says it is a direct replacement for the wf606a.

Personally, I don't see how this could be since this is an on off on off switch with 3 contacts. But, it looks identical other than that, almost like they pulled one of the contact legs out. But, even if that isn't the case, you could always just put a jumper wire across the two contact, and for all intents and purposes it would be identical. I think I will order a 5 pack of these to have on hand anyhow.

Good luck,
VegasF6

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks man...i will check on that.....just dont want to wait two weeks for the it to get here.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my friend at work had problems with his first generation WF606A rear clickie. The spring broke off.

I got a ticket from DX and after a few tickets emails I decided to send my light back to Florida. Once it was received in Florida a new WF606A was sent to me. The new light was the the second generation version which has a different style switch.

Is your light the first or second generation WF606A?

Old style switch.

wf606a032smallmx1.jpg

wf606a010smallnc3.jpg

New style switch.

v021Small.jpg

v011Small.jpg