Are the parts of the L1D and the P2D compatible?

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to buy a L1D as a EDC flashlight. And then I found out that the P2D diameter as the L1D. So is it possible if I buy a L1D to put on the battery tube and the tailcape of the P2D?
I'm asking because on te Fenix site you can buy extra P2D battery tubes and tailcapes.

rayman

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll work, since the P2D and L1D head are the same. If you didn't buy the L1D yet, I believe there is a combo kit that Fenix sells, L1D/P2D head with both bodies. I can't seem to find it though. Somebody else should jump in and help out.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes they are compatible. The L1D,L2D, and P2D use the exact same head with the same driver.

The L1D using a Alkaline or NiMH will not be quite as bright as the P2D on turbo(turbo will be about as bright as high) because of the voltage difference(3.0v vs 1.2v-1.5v).

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok thanks alot. I actually wanted a P2D with Q5 but I didn't find it in the 'CR123A Lights' section. But now I found it in the '*Limited/Premium*' section but thanks anyway.

rayman

Last edited:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll work, since the P2D and L1D head are the same. If you didn't buy the L1D yet, I believe there is a combo kit that Fenix sells, L1D/P2D head with both bodies. I can't seem to find it though. Somebody else should jump in and help out.
Hi Nake,
It's been discontinued at Fenix-Store, but Lighthound still has some.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only the head is compatible.

The tailcaps are not compatible.

You will still need a separate body + tailcap.