RC-N3-Battery Rattle-

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im digging this light so far...have the Q5 version from shiningbeam, i guess the only qualms i have with the light is that the first cell rattles when its in 2AA format, so i did a quick fix for it since it was bothering me for a week now. All you need is two o-rings for this fix.....

You can see how big the gap is when the first cell is placed in the tube.....
p1020082tz4.jpg

I used two o-rings, i put one in front of the battery and one towards the end, i dont know the diameter of them, i just used what i had.
p1020081tt3.jpg

Now it looks much better when you put it into the tube......fills in the gap nicely.
p1020079js9.jpg

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good thinking Alfred!
I taped some paper around mine to bulk up the diameter but this is far better!
Thanks.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it was annoying....so i wanted something really simple.....going to go to Lowes today to see if i can find pvc tube that i can cut down and drop in there and fit the AA batt as well.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for that info....i just used what i had around...lol...glad it worked for now....looking for some permanent like a drop in tube when i use this config.

LG&M

Enlightened
Nice idea. I have this light on the way what are your thoughts on it overall?

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a very nice light indeed.....bright as hell and uses two batt configurations as well......this fix works for both alkaline and rechargeable cells as well.

Niconical

Enlightened
....the first cell rattles when its in 2AA format....

Would wrapping some electrical tape around the battery also be an acceptable solution for this, or should I not do that? I'm sure the electrical tape is fine in terms of any heat from the battery, but maybe there is something I haven't though of?

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it will be fine...its more like whatever works for you or have lying around....i went this route because i like to change out batteries or charge them.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
That's a pretty big gap.

I'd just use paper because that is easily available and could be helpful for taking notes(wait just a sec, I have to get some paper from my light).

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, that is funny, if the gap wasnt there then the cr123 wouldnt have room at all to fit.

Last edited:

Latest posts