Anybody have one of these drop-ins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The picture shows a cree. Looks like the "newer version" of the cree from the Chinese factory.

Yapo

Enlightened
Its a cree led, not a rebel...Its just one of the many cheap Q5 cree p60 drop-ins available. No one really knows how bright or long it runs for unless someone tries it out. But it definately wont be 275lumens...maybe 200 at most. The video on the page compares it to the surefire G2L which is kinda pointless as the surefire was designed to be have a longer more useful runtime at a practical brightness of 80 lumens so of course it'll be brighter. Its like saying my motorcycle is faster and cheaper than your family car.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
It all depends on what current they feed the emitter with... might want to try asking them for that little detail. It still won't be 277Lumens though.:crackup:. That sellers youtube videos briefly comment about fakes made overseas, and how their products are made by a USA company... its all BS, don't buy things from that seller thinking they are made in USA. They are no different from the common favorites you find at DX.

Last edited:

abuhannibal

Newly Enlightened
I agree with Kramer5150. The drop-in may well be perfectly good, but the seller is definitely a bullshit artist.:devil:

mhubble

Enlightened
Thanks for all the info. I sent them an email yesterday with alot of questions but no response yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.