• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For postage: "poofed" Goncz E3

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
I have a "poofed" Goncz E3, that I will GIVE it to anyone, anywhere, interested in, and capable of, replacing the "poofed" emitter and doing whatever they want with it after that.

I merely ask to be paid my shipping costs to them, which I will do via Canada Post the cheapest uninsured method possible. Without having checked, how does $15 US, via non-cc PayPal, sound? No extra for my PP withdrawal fees, and I could throw in some other items (2 "poofed" Pelican 2320 M6 LA for modding, 1 P 2320 M6 head/bezel/lens, some dead RCR123A & 1 dead 18500 cells) if they are of any use to you.

Many thanks to Mark McAtee of e-lectronics.net for this light originally, and my bad for installing the wrong voltage cells. Prior to that, this light was impressively bright, tough, hefty, well-made and its lock-out tail-cap performed excellently, despite Goncz' reputation.

If interested, eMail me at home, as my PM box is full. Thanks for looking.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take it!

Too interesting to pass up, and I can fix it.

Edit: Acckkk! You said NON-cc paypal. :ohgeez: Spotted it as I was about to mention that I don't see your e-mail addy anywhere.

I'm going to check and see how to add non-cc funding to my account.

Last edited:

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
I'll take it!

Too interesting to pass up, and I can fix it.

Edit: Acckkk! You said NON-cc paypal. :ohgeez: Spotted it as I was about to mention that I don't see your e-mail addy anywhere.

I'm going to check and see how to add non-cc funding to my account.
I THINK I would be charged a fee to withdraw, or else just receive, such funds, and if so, if you could add that, no problem, but if you CAN add your bank account to PayPal, that would be better.

My home eMail is: [email protected]. Send me your CPF alias, real name and mailing address, and we can work this out, I am sure.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! Thanks, Pete!... both for the response, and this nice offer.

This has prompted me to investigate all things related to adding a bank acount to PP, which has brought me much more up to speed on a number of things. Apparently, you are able to accept CC payment (up to a limited number of times per year), but yes, you would be charged a fee. If it's the standard 4% - 5%, I have no problem covering that, but if you prefer to avoid that type of transaction altogether, that's also OK. I've been meaning to add a bank account to PP for a long time now... just never got around to it.

I'm composing an e-mail as of right now, and will send very shortly.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E3 arrived yesterday!

I'm pretty psyched about this, as since my beginnings here at CPF, I quickly learned of the Goncz controversies, and over time, I felt a certain sense of mystique growing around the whole issue (EDIT: in my own mind, not neccessarily anyone else's... lol). That these lights are somewhat rare only serves to add to that feeling. Definitely cool to have one.

My initial impressions are that it's a good looking light, appears sturdy, well made, and has some interesting design aspects. The plan is to gather some more information before fully disassembling it, then get it going again.

Thanks once more, Pete, another fine, up-standing CPF'er! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pics please!!
Ive never heard of them,can you put a little info on them.:twothumbs

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Trainwrecks" is certainly another available term. :laughing:

Paul - I'll be taking pics of the disassembly, and will give you a heads up when they're posted. There's not a ton of info on these lights in that regard out there!

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kind of like owning a DeLorean, rare, questionable back round, and not built very well on the inside :p

I almost got one of these, looks like a great host for a hotwire mod!