Contemplating Tiablo A9 purchase, advice needed

AK3D

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I recently purchased an Aurora WF600 - its a great thrower and I like the light very much. Just a couple of days ago, I saw that there's the Tiablo A9 light on sale at DX. My question is (and its totally out of my budget, but....) is it worth getting the A9 over the WF600, will there be a lot of difference in the throw? I have checked the review threads but couldn't come to any conclusion. The Tiablo definitely has a great finish and good build quality, not to mention the throw, however, now that I already have the WF600, do I need to buy the Tiablo. I am using 2XRCR 123A batteries with the WF600.

Finally, should I wait for the next generation of lights i.e the SSC P7 ones - will they be making any good throwers with the P7 anytime soon? Thank you for your time and assistance.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It won't be a huge improvement output wise.

I'd save up for the Dereelight DBS(or a HID light) because it will be easier to upgrade.

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm. I was kinda wondering the same thing. I was looking at getting a thrower and saw the Tiablo A9 at DX and KD. Although it's not as easily upgraded like a DBS, I thought the price is right. Now, I don't know if the ones at DX (and KD) are "authentic" (even though KD say they are).

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can check out this thread here and see the differences in performance between a few common LED throwers. That review does include the WF-600, Tiablo A8 & A9, Raidfire Spear, DBS, MRV etc...

Personally, I'd steer away from the current crop of SSC P7 lghts on sale at KD or DX. Those manufacturers were very quick to jump on the P7 wagon without really performing any reliability tests on their designs. Ask yourselves why haven't the big names released a P7 light? Thats because much is left to learn about the quad die SSC P7 and its reliability. I'm not mud-slinging these Chinese made SSC P7 lights, but I reckon at the moment they are built down to a price rather than up to a standard.

I'd wait for the big names to release their range of P7 lights before I part with my hard earned cash.

Last edited:

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
I have tried both lights together and the performance is near identical, one of them has a tiny bit more spill but I can't remember which one :ohgeez:

AK3D

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies.
Gunner12 : I just saw the prices for HIDS !!! :faint: !! I don't think I can afford one just yet... and for the next year or so!

HunkaBurninLove : I think they're authentic as far as I can make out from some other threads.

Fusion_m8 : Thanks - yes you have some good points. The newer P7 lights seem to be too hot to handle at present. I guess I can wait till there's a better P7 light out there. The thread you linked to has a review of the WF600Q2 - the Q5 ought to be somewhat more brighter. Compared to the A9, it holds its own very well, maybe not in the build quality department, but now that I already have one thrower, perhaps I should wait before getting another at this time.

TOOCOOL : Thanks.

Apart from that, I was browsing the HID section a bit earlier - I didn't know anything about those lights and was amazed at the sheer light power!! :devil: .