lithium battery for P2D

teesh

Newly Enlightened
Bought the 4-in-1 Fenix pkg as well as the L0D...........they sure are nice.

I've read that certain batteries are not recommended for the P2D. I bought E2 lithiums for the P2D/L1D pkg and the L0D that I also bought. Are these OK? What are these 10440 batteries I've been reading about? I'm assuming these are NOT recommended? Thanks for any help.

:oops: edit: answered my own question........the E2's are 3.0 volts so they are fine. Still not sure what these 10440's are but I'll keep reading and maybe i'll find that answer also.

Sure like these lights..........

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
A 10440 battery is 10 mm wide(10440), 44mm long(10440), cylindrical shape(10440). It's a 3.7v rechargeable Li-ion battery, compared to a 1.5v battery.

Li-ion(3.7v kind) is not recommended for either lights(P2D/L2D looses the lower modes until the battery gets to a low enough voltage, L0D can be overdriven or damaged).

The lithium primary batteries should be fine.

teesh

Newly Enlightened
ah..........thank you for that clarification on the lithium ion battery.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a very long message thread around here on using 3.7 volt Li-Ion batteries in the L0D and the consensus was it's okay. I think you'll even see it has an input voltage listed of 0.8V-3.6V on some web sites that sell it. IIRC no one or nearly no one had a problem using the 10440 in it. I use one in mine and it's always been fine. I don't run it for extended periods on high this way. It's just too fun to see so much light coming out of that tiny light to not use a 10440 :D

I think you can safely use any primary or rechargeable in the P2D but it just loses the low modes if it's much over 3 volts. No harm to the light - just a lack of some functions - this is another one I have but quit carrying it as a primary EDC due to this limitation and another minor quirk or two.

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
fenix store doesnt warrenty 10440s on the L0D but Lighthound does. :shrug:

Crenshaw

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
A 10440 battery is 10 mm wide(10440), 44mm long(10440), cylindrical shape(10440). It's a 3.7v rechargeable Li-ion battery, compared to a 1.5v battery.

Li-ion(3.7v kind) is not recommended for either lights(P2D/L2D looses the lower modes until the battery gets to a low enough voltage, L0D can be overdriven or damaged).

The lithium primary batteries should be fine.
Thanks Gunner...it's all coming full circle now.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a very long message thread around here on using 3.7 volt Li-Ion batteries in the L0D and the consensus was it's okay. I think you'll even see it has an input voltage listed of 0.8V-3.6V on some web sites that sell it. IIRC no one or nearly no one had a problem using the 10440 in it. I use one in mine and it's always been fine. I don't run it for extended periods on high this way. It's just too fun to see so much light coming out of that tiny light to not use a 10440 :D

I think you can safely use any primary or rechargeable in the P2D but it just loses the low modes if it's much over 3 volts. No harm to the light - just a lack of some functions - this is another one I have but quit carrying it as a primary EDC due to this limitation and another minor quirk or two.
Funny, there was just a thread the other day about someone who may have fried his L0D Q4 circuit using 10440. The light on regular AA lithiums was super dim.