Relationship between ARC, HDS and Novatac

dandruff

Enlightened
I hope this isnt an inappropiate/sensitive question.

I have been a member since 2004, and was lurker here well before that. I witnessed the launch of what, to me, was a quantum leap in flashlight design, namely the multilevel Arc4. after this Arc went out of business and peter disappeared for a while. later HDS and then novatac appeared using the same UI, while Arc themselves now seem to be going along a different path.

so the question is: whats the link between them? I know they had business links but does anybody care to elaborate on what happened?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may be wrong but I think that ARC had a contract with HDS to develop the UI for the ARC4. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will be along shortly to set it straight. :D

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
Henry had a collaborative business arrangement with both ARC and Novatac, though not at the same time. It was with ARC first, and Novatac second. Other than Henry being the common denominator, there is no past or present relationship between ARC and Novatac. Of course that's with no claim of authoritative knowledge on my part.

As far as I know, Henry isn't involved with any such relationships at this time. I say "as far as I know", since I'm not in the loop for a "need to know".

It's really that simple.

The details may or may not generate speculation and/or reaction that could make this thread's suitability on CPF rather iffy. If such brings about such conflict or unnecessary negativity toward members, it could risk being a closed topic. In that case, the Underground would be the more suitable discussion location.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before the Lux's came out, Henry (HDS) had developed a 24 5mm LED "forever" headlamp that ran on a D size lithium. I don't think too many were made. I wonder if any CPF member owns one?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before the Lux's came out, Henry (HDS) had developed a 24 5mm LED "forever" headlamp that ran on a D size lithium. I don't think too many were made. I wonder if any CPF member owns one?
I was on Henry's site a few months back trying to find the cool 2x123 headlamp that replaced that one and couldn't find a word about it.

kromeke

Enlightened
HDS head lamps

are called the Action Light for the first one (D size lithium battery, array of 5mm LEDs). Then came the Action light II (IIRC, was an improved version of the first). Later, pics of the Action Light III were spotted. Single LED (luxeon) and 2x 123 power.

At one time you could see the pics on archive.org. I'm not sure if they are still there. I've saved some of the pics regardless.