I got my new "BIG HEAD" Fenix TK10 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Luma

Banned
I'm NOT happy with this clumsy lamp head, it looks terrible.
It looks very-very cheap. NOT worth any $73.00.

One more bad thing: I can't use standard Rechargeable CR123 batteries? they are much "TO BIG" so i must purchace expensive AW RCR123 who will fit in the small battery tube. "What a great practical joke"
:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

Last edited:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I got my new Fenix TK10 today.

if you are really selling it you need to post it on marketplace. the moderators will tell you that soon. i have one and i love it though. to each his own

Mr Luma

Banned

if you are really selling it you need to post it on marketplace. the moderators will tell you that soon. i have one and i love it though. to each his own

It's for sale in SWEDEN..:whistle:

DM51

Flashaholic

Mr Luma, I have just sent you another PM. Please reply to it. Thank you

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

i will return to my fenix roots and comdemn you OP to flashlight hell..where its DARK! and you have no lights to play with.....:nana:

but seriously, why did you buy it then if you hate it that much?

Crenshaw

Marduke

Flashaholic

I'm NOT happy with this clumsy lamp head, it looks terrible.
It looks very-very cheap. NOT worth any $73.00.

One more bad thing: I can't use standard Rechargeable CR123 batteries? they are much "TO BIG" so i must purchace expensive AW RCR123 who will fit in the small battery tube. "What a great practical joke"

You already knew that when you asked, then purchases AW cells. The cheap cells are not "standard", they are oversized. AW's cells are the "standard" size ones.

If you can't spend a few dollars for the correct equipment, flashlights is NOT the hobby for you.

Last edited:

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast

What rechargeables do you use? It is not Fenix problem that you use batteries that are bigger than standart CR123.

Mr Luma

Banned

You already knew that when you asked, then purchases AW cells. The cheap cells are not "standard", they are oversized. AW's cells are the "standard" size ones.

If you can't spend a few dollars for the correct equipment, flashlights is NOT the hobby for you.

I don't like the idea to made a flashlight who only can use expensive AW batteries or expensive CR123A Lithium. Very bad.

Last edited:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't like the idea to made a flashlight who only can use expensive AW batteies or expensive CR123A Lithium. Very bad.
So you didn't know this before you bought it?

I'm not quite sure if I'm missing something...

If I bought a CR123 light and complain that I can't use AA's with it would that be similar?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't like the idea to made a flashlight who only can use expensive AW batteries or expensive CR123A Lithium. Very bad.

So you'd prefer it if the TK10 had a larger battery tube so you could fit your cheap POS batteries inside? Meanwhile for me and others that use standard size batteries, and AW R123's, we'd have to listen to them rattle around? Are you for real? Or are you trolling?

Marduke

Flashaholic

It's designed to work with standard size cells. If you want to use cheap cells which are grossly oversized, buy a cheap light with sloppy tolerances.

Mr Luma

Banned

It's designed to work with standard size cells. If you want to use cheap cells which are grossly oversized, buy a cheap light with sloppy tolerances.

For example my MRV is not cheap, and it's takes: UF CR123, and also 18650 faked or real "NO PROBLEMAS" :thinking: The same with my Mini-D SE.

And it is not UGLY as the clumsy "BIG HEAD" TK10. :whistle:

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic

For example my MRV is not cheap, and it's takes: UF CR123, and also 18650 faked or real "NO PROBLEMAS" :thinking:

And it is not UGLY as the TK10. :whistle:

It was designed to take 18650 cells, which are 2mm fatter than CR123 cells.

As for looks, you knew what the TK10 looked like BEFORE you bought it. If you didn't like it, WHY did you buy it??

Newly Enlightened

Great review. Thanks for sharing. You didn't see any pictures of the flashlight before you bought it?

You're posting like you ordered it blindly from a catalog. As far as the battery issue goes,

you could have asked here and people could have told you rechargables won't work.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

:thumbsdow

i cant see what he is actually complaining about... he is complaining the rechargable cells dont fit?, yes they do

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2086

wanna guess what is running in mine now?

next he is gonna say he wants PROTECTED CELLS
well im sorry if someone providing TWO protected cells for under 6$ cant perfectly manufacture thier cells to fit you.

and for you information, the Tk10 was NOT designed to be used specifically for aw cells. It is desgined for use with regular CR123A cells.

and seriously, did you NOT look at a picture of the Tk10 before buying it? how could you not know what the head looks like? if you think a light is ugly, dont buy it.

and by the way, just cos you dont like it, doesnt mean its a bad light. Your opinion does not equal fact.Alot of people here like the Tk10.

also, can you back up your statements? it looks ugly...okay, what about it looks ugly? the head is clumsy? what about the head is clumsy, what problems are you having? it looks cheap, in what way? the finish? the anodizing? personally i find the Tk10 looks every bit the 70+ dollars it is sold for.

by the way::welcome:

Crenshaw

Last edited:

Mr Luma

Banned

It was designed to take 18650 cells, which are 2mm fatter than CR123 cells.

As for looks, you knew what the TK10 looked like BEFORE you bought it. If you didn't like it, WHY did you buy it??

Yes...i know it's looks ugly before i bought it, but i was taken a wild chance. I believed it would look much better in my hand. But NO. (Sorry)

Marduke

Flashaholic

Great review. Thanks for sharing. You didn't see any pictures of the flashlight before you bought it?

You're posting like you ordered it blindly from a catalog. As far as the battery issue goes,

you could have asked here and people could have told you rechargables won't work.

He did ask here. So this was NOT a surprise for the OP.

Yes...i know it's looks ugly before i bought it, but i was taken a wild chance. I believed it would look much better in my hand. But NO. (Sorry)

So you know about the battery needs, you knew how it looked (and didn't like it), but you bought it anyway, and still decide to gripe about things you already knew before you spent your money??

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

i think its highly disrespectful to the CPF community in general to have asked for advice, received it, and turn around and start a bashing thread like this. Further more, taken a wild chance? well sorry but whos fault is that?

i dont see anything more then a "if i make enough noise, maybe they'll give me my money bacK" thread started by an immature N__b

Crenshaw

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do think that the TK10 is an attractive light, in a bling utilitarian sort of way.
It feels good in my hand and I think its a reasonable light too and does not feel cheap by any means either.

It won't do everything and its not for everyone of course though...

tricker

Enlightened

i know some people can't read....but most understand pictures?:poke:.......i mean its not like you saw a picture of a P3d(small head), and ended up up with a tk10

Status
Not open for further replies.