Battery holder for AA charging

FredM

Enlightened
I have a Triton2 charger now and need some type of holder that I can connect the leads to charge my loose AA cells.

I have some radio shack ones but they are pretty low current.

mdocod

Flashaholic
I tried using those radio shack jobs to charge sets of 8 AA cells on my intelipeak, anything over an amp and they melt, lol.

I frequently use my battery adapters for flashlights for charging like this. (the ones I sell, see link in sig line), but this seems like kind of a waste if all you need it for is charging.

Personally. I think what we need is a spring loaded multi-bay dummy adapter with plugs to hook up to big multi-cell smart chargers. I was think of a spring loaded mechanism that, without a cell in it, would collapse a "switch" and short that bay, so that it automatically wires the cells installed in series (without the need for dummy cells), regardless of how many cells are inserted.

FredM

Enlightened
Yeah they are low current for sure.

What about a large tray with some bridge type links coming off every cell so you can charge in parallel or series and easily set it up.

For now I am gonna possibly beef up the radio shack holders.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Fred,

Look up CPF member Cy. In his signature line is a link to a thread on a universal battery clamp that can be used for charging.

Tom