Got my E1B today and have question about beam

Juicespeare1

Newly Enlightened
The center of the E1B beam is fairly yellow surrounded by a nice white beam.

BTW - Also got a KX1 head for my old E1L, anodizing doesn't match but I don't care. The new KX1 head is a lighter greener color of anodizing, the body of my old E1L is grayish anodizing. The beam on this one is nice and white.

FredM

Enlightened
How bright is the KX1 compared to the E1B?

I really dislike the black Surefires, I wish they would offer bright LEDs that are not TactiKOOL.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some would prefer a yellow tint, others would not. Have you tried it outdoors? I'd try it in real world applications, see if you like it or dislike it. If you don't like it, send it to SF and tell them it's yellow and you want something whiter.

Juicespeare1

Newly Enlightened
Well ... that's hard to say, the E1B is definitely brighter as you would expect.

The new dual mode KX1 head on my old E1L body is brighter than my son's new single mode KX1 head on his fairly new E1L (not the old KL1 head).

How bright is the KX1 compared to the E1B?

I really dislike the black Surefires, I wish they would offer bright LEDs that are not TactiKOOL.

bigfoot

Enlightened
I have the same lights as you. My E1B is definitely a "cooler" white, while my KX1 dual-output on the E1L is a "warmer" white.

After some experimenting outside I agree with the folks here on CPF; a "warmer" tint renders things outdoors a LOT better. The greens and browns seem to pop and the colors appear more natural. YMMV

The KX1 I ordered right when they became available earlier this year is probably the same appearance as yours -- the anodizing doesn't perfectly match my old E1L body. The KX1 head seems like a lighter shade of HA and the body is a bit darker. No problem, works just fine.

If you're not happy with anything just call SureFire and explain the situation.

blinder switch

Newly Enlightened
The center of the E1B beam is fairly yellow surrounded by a nice white beam.

BTW - Also got a KX1 head for my old E1L, anodizing doesn't match but I don't care. The new KX1 head is a lighter greener color of anodizing, the body of my old E1L is grayish anodizing. The beam on this one is nice and white.

I also have a SF E1B and mine is a fairly new model I have had for about a month now. I would email or call SF about the yellow, as my E1B is a blinding white. I would say its not far off at all from my E2DLs also.

Juicespeare1

Newly Enlightened
Whoops, the question was about the yellow in the center of the beam.

I called the place I bought it and they are going to replace it with one cherry picked, how's that for service?