• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Limited edition Extreme III 10pcs.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I was cleaning out the house today I found a small box and upon opening it, I realized that the contents were limited edition Extreme III's with the guaranteed tint and serial number that I've been looking for the longest time. I would like to sell these remainders here at CPF. All in all to be exact, only 35pcs were ever made. What made these Extreme III's different were that they have a smooth reflector, special Rebel LED with very low VF and pure white tint, serial numbered and a special beacon mode in low. All 10pcs are firsts and would like to ask for $100.00. This includes PP fees and express mail shipping to anywhere in the world. These limited edition models sold for a much higher price but since I just have a handful I thought I'd let them go at the above price. If you are interested in purchasing one of these limited edition Extreme III's, send me a PM or post here with the serial number of your choice. My Paypal e-mail address is: arcmania (at) hotmail (dot) com When sending payment making sure to include your CPF name.

One word of caution is that these Limited edition Extreme III's are not made to use 10440 batteries due to the LED having a very low VF. Some are as low as 3.02 volts at 350ma. Using a 10440 will cause the converter to go into direct drive and the LED will fry.

ARC mania

qnpan6.jpg

2ic79lx.jpg

23h8xer.jpg

Last edited:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take the one with lowest Vf, but can you first tell me which bin they are? And is the LE accessible and is it possible to swap the LED?

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
:takeit: #15
:paypal: :thanks:

ARC mania - Can you please list the serial numbers with the corresponding Vf 's. I took #15 as it looks like it has a Vf of 3.03v

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aussie Cheese: The VF on #18 is 3.01. Programming is done by twisting and pushing of the battery barrel.

Erasmus:The light engine is accessible but the VF of the LED has been programmed to the processor so unless you find an LED with the same exact VF, the light may not work too well.

I don't know the exact bin numbers but can kind of guess here. I do know the brightness bin is 90 lumens. Due to using a smooth reflector, when measured, it puts out as much light as the model with the orange peel reflector and the 100 lumen Rebel. Diffusion is used to clean up a beam as well as slightly lower output. The Rebel used in the LE model does not have holes in the phosphor and produces a very clean beam. The tint is extremely nice bluish-white color and VF on some were as low as 2.97 at 350ma.

ARC mania

Last edited:

agrajag

Newly Enlightened
I'm not overly fussy on the lowest Vf, so I'll take my chances with No 10 please.

PayPal will be sent shortly!

:thanks:

Agrajag

:paypal:

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
As mentioned earlier, these are a very limited batch of Extreme III's using the first generation Rebel LED's which were probably the best ever made by Lumileds. Lumenous output is 90 lumens. There are no holes in the phospher. The tint is beautiful! You will not see another Rebel with similar tint. Compared against the regular Extreme III, (The one on the right of the pictures.) the limited batch has a smooth reflector along with a back plate (switching mechanism.) which has improved conductivity.

ARC mania

mjpgtle008dw9.jpg

mjpgtle002sb0.jpg

mjpgtle003ao6.jpg

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take #19 please. PP to follow later today.

Can you let me know the vf on this one please?

Last edited:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought these are Rebel 100's, like the other Extreme III flashlights. Mine is available again :)