Well I finally did it

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
Well I finally was able to take the plunge at my first cr123 light. I ended up getting a Surefire 6p defender. :rock:I love this light. The machining on this is amazing. I could tell this is quality. When I took the batteries out and looked at them I said " You have got to be sh*^%$# me. These little things power this?" That was the first time I actually held a cr123 battery. The packages in the store make them look bigger. I am amazed at how small they are. Man, for an incan bulb this thing is really bright.

When I bought this I also bought the sc1 battery/spare lamp carrier. The only batteries he had on hand were Streamlight brand, so I bought six right off the bat.

Well, thanks to you guys my 6p defender is not going to remain stock for more than a week and a half. :sssh: Why? It is going to get a disease. It is getting Malkoffed.:D I have a bulb picked out and will be ordering it in the morning. Another thing I will be ordering is 3 dozen Streamlight batteries. One of those dozen is for a friend who has been helping me out around the house lately, he has a 6p and a G2. I figure with the remaing 2 dozen batteries and the 6 batts in the carrier, plus the Malkoff bulb, those should last me a little while. At least until I get more money and another Surefire. :ohgeez:What am I saying!:eek:

Now that you know that I am getting a Malkoff, another reason for getting the lamp/batt carrier is so I have a place to put the factory lamp.

I just wanted to also say thank you for teaching me about these lights, and to continue to teach me and offer many suggestions about modding and such. Plus "DA^^ YOU for getting me hooked.:thumbsup:

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 6p is a nice light.
You can buy many different acc. for it.
I have always had good luck with the streamlight batteries also. :)

spikeytree

Newly Enlightened
Well I finally was able to take the plunge at my first cr123 light. I ended up getting a Surefire 6p defender. :rock:I love this light. The machining on this is amazing. I could tell this is quality. When I took the batteries out and looked at them I said " You have got to be sh*^%$# me. These little things power this?" That was the first time I actually held a cr123 battery. The packages in the store make them look bigger. I am amazed at how small they are. Man, for an incan bulb this thing is really bright.

When I bought this I also bought the sc1 battery/spare lamp carrier. The only batteries he had on hand were Streamlight brand, so I bought six right off the bat.

Well, thanks to you guys my 6p defender is not going to remain stock for more than a week and a half. :sssh: Why? It is going to get a disease. It is getting Malkoffed.:D I have a bulb picked out and will be ordering it in the morning. Another thing I will be ordering is 3 dozen Streamlight batteries. One of those dozen is for a friend who has been helping me out around the house lately, he has a 6p and a G2. I figure with the remaing 2 dozen batteries and the 6 batts in the carrier, plus the Malkoff bulb, those should last me a little while. At least until I get more money and another Surefire. :ohgeez:What am I saying!:eek:

Now that you know that I am getting a Malkoff, another reason for getting the lamp/batt carrier is so I have a place to put the factory lamp.

I just wanted to also say thank you for teaching me about these lights, and to continue to teach me and offer many suggestions about modding and such. Plus "DA^^ YOU for getting me hooked.:thumbsup:

Thats the same thing i said when i got my G2 last week.

nbp

Flashaholic
I ended up getting a Surefire 6p defender. :rock:I love this light. The machining on this is amazing. I could tell this is quality.

The 6PD is a very nice light, I really like mine. And yes, it is a tough tough tool. Go throw it in some mud puddles or something and let it show you how tough it is. :D It'll work when you need it to. (So long as there's 123s around, it's a bit thirsty as an incan)