• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD – Anybody want a Black 3C P7 Maglite?

JamisonM

Enlightened
A couple of weeks ago I got done putting together my first P7 build. It wasn't anything great, using no driver and being direct drive, but I enjoyed the whole process and it was still a very bright light. I used a 3D maglite as a host, ordered a P7 and P7 heatsink from fenix store and the rest came from radio shack. I enjoyed it and eagerly awaited the next time I might build another. Well, I plan on doing it again and with a black 3C maglite that's been sitting around gathering dust. This time though, I don't plan on keeping it. I've already got one and don't need another. So, it's go up for grabs so I can turn it into something else. Below is a list of what I'll be doing to this maglite.
  • Switch pried apart and cam tower removed. Done
  • Wires soldered in place using 24awg solid core copper wire. Done
  • P7 secured to heatsink using artic alumnia epoxy. Ordered on 6-10
  • Wires from switch soldered to LED and light tested.
  • Arctic alumnia or arctic silver 3 used to secure heatsink/LED to battery tube.
  • Reflector cam trimmed to 2mm and cut smoothed. Done
  • Spring shortened to lessen pressured applied to batteries. Done
  • Wire wrapped around battery contact side and tail cap contact side to negate spring resistance. Done
Well, there you have it. If there are any takers, please shoot me a PM or just post here. Same goes for questions. All I'm asking for is however much it costs in parts plus shipping costs. The maglite was $20 when I brought it home from a local hardware store and the P7 and heatsink are going to be $54.28 from fenix store. How this thing ships is up to the buyer. Please, CONUS buyers only. Payment can be made via paypal or a money order though paypal is preferred.

Last edited:

martonic

Enlightened
Re: FS – Anybody want a Black 3C P7 Maglite?

Hi JamisonM,

I'll take it.

I'll be more than happy to take it. I know someone who really needs one of these. Post here, or send me an IM when it's done. Many thanks!

JamisonM

Enlightened
Re: FS – Anybody want a Black 3C P7 Maglite?

Hi JamisonM,

I'll take it.

I'll be more than happy to take it. I know someone who really needs one of these. Post here, or send me an IM when it's done. Many thanks!
martonic, it's yours. I'll let you know when the rest of the parts come in. It could very well be completed and shipped out by thursday, but I won't offer any promises on that. How do you want it to ship? Once its finished, I'll see how much shipping is going to be and let you know the final price.

martonic

Enlightened
Hi JamisonM,

Let's say Priority Mail w/DC, no insurance. That is safe enough and will keep expenses down. I would like to pay this week, even if it does not ship until next week. Thanks again.

JamisonM

Enlightened
Hi JamisonM,

Let's say Priority Mail w/DC, no insurance. That is safe enough and will keep expenses down. I would like to pay this week, even if it does not ship until next week. Thanks again.
No problem. USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation and no insureance it is. I don't see why I shouldn't have the parts some time this week at least. I'm in south carolina and fenix store is in georgia. Shouldn't take too long to have them get to me. Last time it took, I believe, 2 days after I got an email saying that they had shipped.