Any CR123 lights the same size as the ORIGINAL Fenix P1, but in CREE/SSC?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a fan of how they made the new Fenix P1 taller/longer. Any CR123 lights the same size or smaller, but with a CREE or SSC?

Ozniot

Newly Enlightened
BitZ is 1/4" longer that Fenix P1. Considerably more classy and expensive. For me Bitz has replaced my P1.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just like the fact that the P1 was a little power rocket. Plus, my SSCed P1 throws out massive flood

Flic

Enlightened
Fenix did make a P1 CE for a while. Same body as the P1 with a P4 Cree. In fact I believe a small number were sold by Fenix Store with a Q2 IIRC. I believe
J2ledflashlights still has stock. Others may as well. Happy hunting.

By the way, my original P1 still sees regular service. Great little light.

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
I own both the lux and Cree fenix P1 (my cree is the Q2 SE) and find them both to be almost the exact same size. The P1D's are longer, so I prefer to carry the non-D models as an edc. I think both these single mode lights are small enough for very easy EDC. Also, my P1 SE Q2 with a 3.7 volt rcr123 is much brighter than my Nova-Tac120p with the same battery- an unbelievable sight coming out of a light about half the overall mass. (But this is a short run set-up only.) Even on a regular 123 primary, the light is plenty bright, with beautiful hot spot / throw combination. Don't overlook this light. As posted earlier, they are still available.

sino

Newly Enlightened
I have the Romisen RC-C3. I love this light. It's about 1/4 inch longer than my P1 and has a slightly larger circumference, but it's much brighter than the P1. Can't beat it for under $14 shipped.

Still, I love the small size of my P1 and the beam, which has a much smaller hotspot than the C3.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just received the P1 with brass heatsink and the tint is WC and i would say it has a Q2 emitter in it becoz it is brighter than my modded UF 602D Q2 running at 1A or at least on par.Cool lookin' pocket rocket with that brass HS.

mkphc

Newly Enlightened
will this light run on 3.7 aw's?
if so what kind of runtime can be had?

I'm looking for something small, bright and with a decent runtime, basically 50-70 lumen, decently bright, but efficiency is more important than max bright?

I want it all!