I got to test one of my LED flashlights in a power outage.

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
It's a new generation 1 AAA DORCY.

I put a keyring clip on the end and then clipped it to the top of my t-shirt and lite my way around.

To bad I didn't have my newest 3 AAA 8 LEDs flashlight to test yet.

:candle:

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Was this at Home, or at Work ?

(or elsewhere)

Anybody else around ?

Was it totally Dark ? :candle:

If you hadn't had yer' flashlight,

how bad would it have been for you ?

Simply inconvenient ?

Or downright Dangerous ?

(or something in-between)

Thank you for any details.

:wave:

Glad that you were prepared !

:thumbsup:
_

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
It was else where and it was more of a inconvenient.

The power was out for about 3 or 4 hours.

It's always great to have a handy light to help you see where you are going.

Like when you go to the bathroom, plus, I don't have to carry around a heavy Maglite.

Thanks. I'm totally into LED flashlights now.

:cool:

Last edited:

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
so far, for a led lantern, i got the 4AA compact folding lantern by energizer, and it has 3 led, two brightnesses, and i love it! hang it from a ceiling, and its alot of room light for night adaptied eyes, better than my eo1 with a chapstick diffuser.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, I'd say save up your money and buy a high power current gen LED light instead of the lantern but that's your choice.

I'm glad you got to use the light!

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow--the third thread on blackouts, counting two more (one of which I started before I saw the others!) in the General Flashlights section.

I guess these storms have been pretty widespread, hitting many of us more or less at similar times. Interesting stories, though, I like to hear how people's preparations and flashlight collections have done in a real life test.

Thanks for posting!

AOBRICK

Newly Enlightened
I guess these storms have been pretty widespread, hitting many of us more or less at similar times. Interesting stories, though, I like to hear how people's preparations and flashlight collections have done in a real life test.

Always preparing for the worst and Hope for the best

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
LedFlashlights, I suggest you get yo'self this, this and these.

The lights you have are functional, but let's face it, nothing to write home about. That 3-AAA one is basically a Fisher Price "My First LED Flashlight", and the 1-AAA is strictly a utility light; great runtime, but also dim.

With this combination you'll have a modern, general purpose, multimode flashlight whose output will probably leave you incredulous (on this note, a heartfelt suggestion: the first time you turn it on, don't do it while looking at the emitter - trust me on this one), all for $37.5.

There are, of course, better options (Fenix makes great lights, for example), but they do cost more.

Last edited:

mejesster

Newly Enlightened
Wow--the third thread on blackouts, counting two more (one of which I started before I saw the others!) in the General Flashlights section.

Thanks for posting!

I was disappointed that I didn't lose power! All those nice flashlights and not enough darkness to use 'em!

Burgess

Flashaholic
Wanna' state right here . . . .

Hope that all of our CPF'ers, and their friends & family,

are safe and secure from these tornadoes and flooding.

:wave:
_