Batteries for my L2T v2.0

x59628

Newly Enlightened
ok, so I have the Energizer 15 minute charger that has 2200 mAh NiMh rechargable cells in them. I was wondering if it would be brighter in the Fenix L2T v2.0 than a standard Duracell 1.5 volt AA cell.

I know some of you will suggest other batteries, but I have a really big pack of Duracells, and I can't afford other rechargables (I'm 14 and my parents dictate what I can buy and can't buy...)

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those should help output. Rechargeables have less resistance. I wouldn't worry about the quality; the difference between 2200mahs and 2700mahs probably won't be noticeable.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are chevrofreak's runtime graphs for he L2T v2.0.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/177886
As you can see alkalines do not do well on high but are the same as the other batteries on low. (I consider 23 hours quite adequate) So use low as much as possible when using alkalines. Also store the light with alkaline batteries removed to avoid leaky batteries from damaging the light.
Your 2200mAh batteries should work well. Just a little shorter runtime. (2200/2650*106 minutes=88 minutes or almost 1-1/2 hours on high) Charge after every extended use or every month or so.

Zenster

Enlightened
ok, so I have the Energizer 15 minute charger that has 2200 mAh NiMh rechargable cells in them. I was wondering if it would be brighter in the Fenix L2T v2.0 than a standard Duracell 1.5 volt AA cell.

I know some of you will suggest other batteries, but I have a really big pack of Duracells, and I can't afford other rechargables (I'm 14 and my parents dictate what I can buy and can't buy...)

The difference would hardly be noticeable.

NiMh rechargeables are probably the most common-sense battery you could use due to the fact that you don't have to buy any batteries for a very long time.
Save that big pack of Duracells for when the lights go out in the house and you NEED some primaries as back-ups.
The only exception is if the expiration date on the Duracells is coming up within a year. Then, go ahead and use them up just to use them up, but buy a new large pack to tuck in a drawer for future emergency use.

x59628

Newly Enlightened
Wait, but chevrofreak has the rebel version.
my L2T v2.0 has the Cree XR-E emitter
is that more efficient than the rebel emitter?

mighty82

Enlightened
Wait, but chevrofreak has the rebel version.
my L2T v2.0 has the Cree XR-E emitter
is that more efficient than the rebel emitter?
Nope, your L2T probably has the XR-E q2 emitter, but the runtime curves will look about the same. NiMh batteries are way better than alkalines in this kind of flashlight. They will keep a much higher voltage under load, so the output won't drop like it does on alkalines.

x59628

Newly Enlightened
Nope, your L2T probably has the XR-E q2 emitter, but the runtime curves will look about the same. NiMh batteries are way better than alkalines in this kind of flashlight. They will keep a much higher voltage under load, so the output won't drop like it does on alkalines.

Well, on the fenix-store webiste, it is the Fenix L2T v2.0 Q2
but on the features sheet that came with the light, it said 7090 XR-E LED

Q2 could possibly be another name for the 7090 XR-E?

Anyways, I like 7090 XR-E
it just sounds cooler.........:D

mighty82

Enlightened
Cree is the company making the led. 7090 XR-E is the "name" of the led, and Q2 is the bin. The higher/newer the bin, the higher efficiency.

When I first got in to high power led flashlights the P4 was the best. Then came Q2-Q4-Q5 and now R2, witch is the "best" one from cree till now.

Rebel is a whole different company, and their rebel 100 is comparable to cree's Q5 led. So as you can see, the cree Q2 is a few steps down the ladder, but in real life there is very little difference from the Q2 to the Q5/R2. :)