• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Any interest? Copper pills for heatshinks

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently discovered a shop that sells all kinds of cylinder shaped copper rods. I'm going to go down and buy a few small pieces of copper to use as heatsinks for some lights I'm modding that don't have heatsinks.

One of my current mods is a AA Q5 mod. I'm going to buy a small pill that is about 17mm wide and 6mm tall to use as a small heatsink. I'll put thermal paste to glue it in there and so it will conduct with the body.

I'll try and see how much I can get some of these for. I can get quite a few different sizes. I don't any idea on what prices are like, but if you are interested please post what size of copper you would like, and how much you'd be willing to pay. When I go down to the store, if the cost is less than what you are willing to pay then I'll buy the copper and send it. I'm not looking to make tons of $ off this. Just thought I'd save everyone gas and time, and see if I can help a few CPF'ers out. :thumbsup:

-Jason

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a nice offer. As far as prices I'd expect to be surprised as copper has shot up in the last few years. But maybe small pieces might be reasonable for what little we probably need in a light.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea I was thinking about just small pieces for like AAA, AA, CR123A lights. Many of the pieces of copper would only be the size of like 10-20 pennies. It can't cost that much... Probably just a couple dollars.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite a few... I only plan on going down to the store once, so please list what sizes you want and post something like "I'll take a copper pill that is 16mm (+/-1mm) x10mm if it is less than $x shipped."

I'm in Taiwan, and will be leaving the country on the 16th. So I could either bring it back with me on the 16th and ship it within the US, or I could ship it from Taiwan. This deal is open to anyone worldwide.

Because of this, and the fact that the shop is 20 minutes away, I do not want to have to go there, look at the sizes available, come back and go there again. Thanks for understanding, and let me know if you're interested. I plan to buy a few pills for single AA lights that I'm modding.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I was interested but I can't tell you what sizes I would like if I don't know what sizes are available. Sounds like too much trouble.... :thinking: I'd like to know what I'm getting when purchasing something instead of being surprised. If you can list sizes & prices then I'd be interested. It's hard to sell something if you don't list at least that.