Tesla's Arc

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was mountain Biking today and Tesla's Wardenclyffe Tower was not far from the trails so I took a few pictures. Since Tesla loved to play with big Crazy Arcs. I thought it was fitting to take a picture of an Arc Flashlight by the facilities.

For those who do not know who Tesla is he is one of the all time greatest inventors who created the electric motor, AC electric, fluorescent light bulb, wireless remote control, The radio, and many more.

He also had plans for a death ray gun and a UFO.

He was truly a forgotten legend.

The picture below is the Wardenclyffe tower building. Tesla used this facility to create world wide communications and wireless transmission of electricity without the use of wires before funding ran out. Tesla Turbines and Tesla coils where also made here.

2570167351_7fbc430700.jpg

an earlier photo.

wardenclyffe_tower.jpg

Last edited:

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool pictures. I am fan of Tesla too. Read multiple books on him. Tesla was a better inventor than Edison IMO.

In the category of recent showings, the movie, "The Prestige" had a fun little bit on Tesla.

So much of our modern world is based on the work of Tesla.

peter

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
....... Tesla was a better inventor than Edison IMO.

I agree, I can only imagine what else he would have accomplished if he did not run out of money. Which is ironic considering the vast fortunes his inventions created during his lifetime.

I also wonder how long history has to wait for another great inventor like Edison or Tesla

tricker

Enlightened
who needs new inventors?

In 1899 Charles H. Duell, the Commissioner at U.S. Office of Patents, was quoted as saying, "everything that can be invented has been invented."
:ohgeez:

neophyte340

Newly Enlightened
Yeah Tesla is definitely my favorite inventor.

I think hes the original mad scientist and theres so much "lore" around some of the things he did its just really insane. The guy had wireless lighting in his lab for crying out loud.

Nice pic also. heh