Flower ID?

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone ID what this yellow-orange flower is?
TIA

tlwflr0001.jpg

Greta

Flashaholic
Gerber daisy?
Yep! Gerbera Daisy... :D

*edit added.... Ya know what? I think that's wrong. It's a member of the mum family... but there's too much "fluff" in the middle for it to be a Gerbera... :thinking:

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
THANKS!

Did an image search: It does look like the Gerbera Daisy family. :twothumbs

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep! Gerbera Daisy... :D

*edit added.... Ya know what? I think that's wrong. It's a member of the mum family... but there's too much "fluff" in the middle for it to be a Gerbera... :thinking:

The fluff seems to be about right, but it sure does seem to have an awful lot of petals to be a Gerbera. I'd get that it was a Gerbera, though.

Where'd the photo come from? Can we see the stem? The stem will be a dead give away.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was an arrangement my wife received a spell back. I can vaguely remember the stem...what type of details would we be looking for?

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I click on this thread again, I'd say it's definitely a Gerbera. The stem will be thick, but not hard. It'll be something like a tube, as thick as, or thicker than a milkshake straw (the thick straws), in fact, back at my old work of nearly 6 years, Conroy's Flowers, we'd sometimes put the stems inside of thick straws to keep them standing up tall in the arrangements. There won't be any jagged bends in the stem and there won't be any other stems that branch from it. It won't be woody, either. It'll be a very uniform and even tube about 1/4"-1/2" in diameter.

If you ever have some droopy ones, you can lay the whole flower in a sink (bucket, basin, whatever) full of water (with the flower head in the water) and they'll liven up and become firm and strong again.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Doesn't matter what it is that is not *a* flower - it's an inflorescence (group of flowers).

I know, I know... :geek:

Latest posts