Convince me otherwise?

Mdinana

Enlightened
I recently bought a Lumapower Incendio, and well... sold it. I loved the size, but to be honest, the light itself was so-so for me. I have a Fenix P2d that seemed too close to the Incendio to really justify it.

But I keep going back to the Lumapower websites, looking at their offerings, and I'm wondering:

SHOULD I TRY AGAIN?

Opening this to the CPF folks for opinions - are there any single-battery Lumapowers different enough from a P2D (or Jetbeam I-IBS) that I can justify their purchase? Not just talking clickie style, or 3 modes versus 5. Really big differences: output, runtime, size, etc.

Or should I wait a bit longer and see what the next big release is?

winston

Enlightened
Okay, here goes:

Get a D-Mini.:poke:

Are you convinced?

-Winston

About your comparison between the IncenDio and P2D:
Does the P2D have mode-memory, or a pocket clip? Can it run RCR123s?
Does the IncenDio have HAIII coating? bezel-selectable modes? Is it IPX-8 waterproof?
These are make-or-break differences for some people. (Though I confess I probably wouldn't be too bothered if I had to pick only one.;))

Mdinana

Enlightened
Okay, here goes:

Get a D-Mini.:poke:

Are you convinced?

-Winston

About your comparison between the IncenDio and P2D:
Does the P2D have mode-memory, or a pocket clip? Can it run RCR123s?
Does the IncenDio have HAIII coating? bezel-selectable modes? Is it IPX-8 waterproof?
These are make-or-break differences for some people. (Though I confess I probably wouldn't be too bothered if I had to pick only one.;))
I've thought about it!

No to mode memory. I have a clip that does well with the P2D, but prefer the light without it. As for CR123, I don't know, as I run primaries.
I don't know if the IncenDio has HAIII, but I don't believe it has bezel selectable modes, which the P2D does (sort of). Splash proof, I believe, for the Fenix.

Thanks for the reply! Still haven't convinced me though!

Patriot

Flashaholic
I won't try to convince you. I figure that if you tried it once already that you gave it a fair chance. First impressions are usually accurate. I say...get something different next time. Like you said, you already have something similar.