Nitecore Extreme help..

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, I just got a Nitecore Extreme and I'm having problems with adjusting the power.

I'm going to assume at this point that I'm just too damn stupid to operate a flashlight and NOT that it's busted because I got it from HK before I knew it was available here so I guess I'm SOL on sending it to a dealer here IN case it's busted...?

ANyway, it seems to be stuck in low mode and all I can manage to do is switch from low to low strobe. It WAS in high when I got it but I did want to test the low mode because that's one reason I bought this light.

First, can someone help me and as always, I'll ask for someone that is willing to talk to me over the phone as I really, REALLY suck at READING instructions.

Thanks

George

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so I'm too stupid to own a flashlight. From watching the video, I can get it to ramp down to minimum but NOT up...

:(

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
while its ramping down, do the bezel turning thing again to get it to ramp the other way. :)

Crenshaw

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it works like the NDI, if it's ramping down, tighten and loosen the head in less than a second (or half a second? not sure about the Extreme) and it should start getting brighter.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried so either there's something wrong or I'm doing something wrong :(

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the threads and O-ring dry? Mine were, which made it hard to turn the head quick enough.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it IS hard to turn but I've tried so many times now that I'm pretty sure that at some point I'm turning it fast enough so either I'm too stupid or something else is going on. For now, I've got it stuck on the lowest or low setting :(

I have no problem getting it into strobe mode which means I AM turning it fast enough, right?

vb14

Newly Enlightened
...all I can manage to do is switch from low to low strobe. George

If this is the same as NDI, there is no low strobe. The strobe can only be engaged if you're in the "high" mode. If the head is tight already and you're still not hitting the "high", I think the light is broken.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like you are trying to use the user set mode from high. If the light is going into strobe mode you are starting with the head of the light tight. If you are then the light should go to strobe mode.

1) Loosen the head 1/3 to 1/4 turn.
2) Tighten and loosen the head within one second. The light should ramp up or down. If you tighten and loosen the head again it will switch directions. Hit the switch where you want the light set.

Tighten the head for high
loosen the head for user set mode.

If the light is not in high mode when you tighten the head you have a problem with you light.

Bill

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like you are trying to use the user set mode from high. If the light is going into strobe mode you are starting with the head of the light tight. If you are, then the light should go to strobe mode.

1) Loosen the head 1/3 to 1/4 turn.
2) Tighten and loosen the head within one second. The light should ramp up or down. If you tighten and loosen the head again it will switch directions. Hit the switch where you want the light set.

Tighten the head for high
loosen the head for user set mode.

If the light is not in high mode when you tighten the head you have a problem with your light.

Bill

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I dont' want to say I have a problem with the light but I think I MIGHT.

Who here HAS one that I can send it to, to look at it for me and I assume I have to send it to Hong Kong since I bought it there and that I can't send it to anyone in the US for repair?

For vb14, it actually strobes in low mode too...at least mine does.

DrunkenDonut

Newly Enlightened
Have you tried a fresh battery? I found one of my RCRs was crap and didn't last long at all. High and low looked the same :s

Cleaning and re-lubing the threads will definitely help. This should eliminate any doubt whether you're turning things fast enough when things are smooth and easy to turn.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried three batteries :(

I'm sure I can turn it fast enough because I keep getting it to go back to strobe mode without a problem

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem of it going into strobe mode when in user defined mode and trying to get it to ramp can happen under the following circumstances:

1. You are not tightening the head COMPLETELY before loosening it.
An O ring that isn't lubed enough could cause you to think you have tightened it when you haven't done so completely. A thin lube like Nyogel 760 works better on the O-ring than a thicker lube, because the O-ring is a bit too thick to begin with.

2. You are not QUICKLY loosening the head after tightening it. YOU don't need to tighten quickly; you need to loosen quickly. If you tighten too quickly, you may not tighten completely. Take time to tighten completely, but be quick then to loosen. If you do it this way, it should never strobe except in High Mode, when you quickly loosen and then tighten within a half second.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, I'm really getting fed up with this flashlight. Is there anyone out there that has experience with it that I can send it to to see if I'm screwing up or what?

I would of course pay shipping both ways and all that.

Thanks

George

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can get it to go UP in power a LITTLE bit but not all the way up and I can always get it to ramp down but that's it. It never makes it to full power.

BMF

Enlightened
I wonder is there a reset to factory default? Take the battery out for overnight and the next day change the different type of battery from RCR123A 3.7v to Primary CR123A 3.0v.