Flashlight/Magnet Effect

Chief-Yeah

Newly Enlightened
:stupid: Please forgive my ignorance but I've just recently been contemplating adding a pico pen to my survival keyring and the pen has a small but somewhat powerful magnet which holds the cap on so it seems to cling to anything residing next to it.
On the same key ring I also have a Ti Draco so I'm just wondering if the magnet will have any adverse effects on the light or battery.
Any info anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated,:thanks:.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Ditto that. No effects. I routinely store my pocket lights near powerful n48 and n50 magnets without issue.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Magnets affect lights that use magnetic switches, like reed switches or Hall effect sensors (examples: Gladius definitely, Heliotek I'm pretty sure, and probably a couple more). The Draco will not be affected.

gallagho

Enlightened
Just for empirical evidence, I tried a powerful neodymium magnet (ex hdd) at very close range to a Lumens Factory HO-R5 with no effect at all :)

Owen

Last edited:

fasuto

Enlightened
Magnets affect lights that use magnetic switches, like reed switches or Hall effect sensors (examples: Gladius definitely, Heliotek I'm pretty sure, and probably a couple more). The Draco will not be affected.

streamlight 24/7, mine is malfunctioning because of strong magnets

fasuto

Enlightened
yes, sorry, inova 24/7.
The white hight mode flashes and sometimes with red because onetime i was trying to use a strong magnet with the clip...