Im in dire need of help(p2-3d users)

csr.sao

Newly Enlightened
Hello! I've come asking for help. I decided to change the rubber tail cap on my Fenix p3d. Being the typical guy instead looking for directions I just started pulling on the rubber tail cap with pillars thinking it would come off. Well no luck that way, I just ripped it off. So after a couple of curse words, I calmed down and figured I could super glue the gippy tail cap where the smooth one used to be. So I then cut up my grippy one so it would fit on what was left of the smooth one. That's when I figured out the inside of the tail cap screws out. So after many more curse words, I franticly searched the net for replacement ones. I'm coming up dry on that; which leads me to my two options. Buy another p3d and use the extra tail cap that comes with that to repair mine. Or, big or, hopefully some blessed sole on this form could part with their extra tail cap so that I can restore my p3d to its greatness. I will pay for shipping/mailing. Thanks in advance.

-Nick

Ps: if there is another option that I haven't thought of or am unaware of, I'm all ears.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Last edited:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello! I've come asking for help. I decided to change the rubber tail cap on my Fenix p3d. Being the typical guy instead looking for directions I just started pulling on the rubber tail cap with pillars thinking it would come off. Well no luck that way, I just ripped it off. So after a couple of curse words, I calmed down and figured I could super glue the gippy tail cap where the smooth one used to be. So I then cut up my grippy one so it would fit on what was left of the smooth one. That's when I figured out the inside of the tail cap screws out. So after many more curse words, I franticly searched the net for replacement ones. I'm coming up dry on that; which leads me to my two options. Buy another p3d and use the extra tail cap that comes with that to repair mine. Or, big or, hopefully some blessed sole on this form could part with their extra tail cap so that I can restore my p3d to its greatness. I will pay for shipping/mailing. Thanks in advance.

-Nick

Ps: if there is another option that I haven't thought of or am unaware of, I'm all ears.

LOL!!!!! You'll never do that one again hehehe!
Fine needle nose pliars are needed to remove the switch, then the rubber switch boot comes out. It is dead easy.
Good luck.

csr.sao

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied. And a big thanks to toosharp for helping a flashlight-aholic in need. :twothumbs

allburger

Enlightened
If i remembered correctly, my p3d came with an extra boot in the box. If you bought it new in a box you should have one unless you threw that stuff away.:shakehead