• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 2Nd run M*g Charger Ceramic Slug by FIVEMEGA

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
(AVAILABLE)

Please allow 7 days to ship

2Nd Run

MCceramic002.jpg

Hi folks,
Here is second run of M*g Charger ceramic slug with some improvement.
M*g Charger is favorite flashlight of many people specially when used with WA1160, WA1111 or PH5761
Unfortunately, stock bi-pin slug of M*g Charger is plastic and won't take that much heat produced by super bulbs.
I have designed these ceramic cast bi-pin slugs which will take many G4 bi-pin bulbs such as Welch Allyn 1111, 1160. 1274, 1185 and ....
No more smoke, micky mouse shield, bulb lifting or bulb limitation. An allen wrench (included) will secure the bulb with set screw. (Do not overtighten)
Excellent choice when used with Extension tubes and M*g Charger Throw Master.
You will need to remove switch assembly from flashlight then replace slug.
Please see post#2 for R&R
Will also work in standard switch of any incand M*g "D" and M*g "C"
Price
Ceramic slug $38
WA1111 $9 each (NOT AVAILABLE)
WA1274 $6 each (AVAILABLE)
Shipping to States $4
Internationaly $14
Please post your order here and paypal note including your user handle name right after you pay.

for 1 ceramic slug
Paypal: [email protected]
Please PM me for other type of payment.
--------------------------
Please see:
MC MOP Aaluminum Reflector

MC 2.5" Throw Master

Please find link of my other products here[/SIZE] and click on each link you are interested.

(A V A I L A B L E)

Last edited:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: M*g Charger Ceramic Slug by FIVEMEGA

Remove bezel/reflector/bulb. Unscrew and remove positive (front) charging ring from switch housing. Remove switch boot. Press switch (to "ON" position) and hold while you push switch in from front. Switch assembly will come out from back side of housing.
Using 2mm (5/64") hex wrench, remove 2 roller screws and replace slug. Make sure spring sits properly.
When installing switch into housing, push and hold switch to "ON" position using a pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Jr1jcCRirEI
will these slugs work with regular d cell m*gs???
Yes, these slugs will fit M*g "D" and M*g "C" and work perfectly.
Can these slugs be modified to accept 623 bulbs?
Short answer is no. Even if 64623 fit in this slug, fillament of bulb will be way beyond reflector focusing range. Not to mention bulb opening is also another issue.
M*gCharger switch assembly and tower is made of metal but M*g "C" and M*g "D" are made of plastic. Temperature of 64623 will melt plastic tower of switch.

what are the differences between this slug and a common mag slug with your gold bi-pin adapter installed?
These slugs will work with MC, M*g C and M*g D but common mag slug is only for M*g C and M*g D
Does anybody know which An allen wrench is needed to remove the MC-slug [or socket]?
5/64" or 2mm
This is same allen wrench used for M*g "C" or "D" switch.

Last edited:

prayzrofGod

Newly Enlightened
will these slugs work with regular d cell m*gs??? i have never disasembled a m*g charger so i have no idea.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
will these slugs work with regular d cell m*gs??? i have never disasembled a m*g charger so i have no idea.
[size=+1]Yes, these slugs will fit M*g "D" and M*g "C" and work perfectly.[/size]
---------------------
Hey FiveMega:
Can these slugs be modified to accept 623 bulbs?
[size=+1]Short answer is no. Even if 64623 fit in this slug, fillament of bulb will be way beyond reflector focusing range. Not to mention bulb opening is also another issue.[/size]

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
what are the differences between this slug and a common mag slug with your gold bi-pin adapter installed?

iapyx

Enlightened
Does anybody know which An allen wrench is needed to remove the MC-slug [or socket]? So far I am not succesful, so maybe I am doing something wrong.

thanks,
iapyx

iapyx

Enlightened
5/64" or 2mm
This is same allen wrench used for M*g "C" or "D" switch.

Don´t know what, but I am doing something wrong then....

edit: nope it´s not working. Just took a standard 3D and that worked with the 2mm allen wrench, but when I try the 2mm ´aw´ in the mc it just seems not to have any grip. Anything I do wrong?

edit #2: hm, been doing some searching and I guess I am doing something wrong. So far I´ve been able to take the MC apart in a few major parts. Still I haven´t managed to take out the total switch. I thought it had to be disassembled by putting a 2 mm hex wrench into the switch button (like a regular Mag), but that´s not how it works methinks. I have found out that the MC can be unscrewed between the two charger rings. Now I have the bottom ring which is attached to the body tube and the top ring which is attached to the part that contains the switch. My question is: do I have to disassemble the top ring from the part that contains the switch in order to get the switch out?

anyone?

ps. I´ll post a few photos of it soon [edit#3: done]

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

Last edited:

iapyx

Enlightened
[SIZE=+1]Yes, but make sure not to damage threads.[/SIZE]

yes it worked!
Had to put the top part in a vice. And then used pliers to turn the ring. Took some effort. The threads gave a lot of resitance, but then suddenly it came loose. Didn't damage the light or threads. Can't be too careful with things like these when it's your first try. Anyway, the ceramic slug has replaced the original slug and my light is working again, with a 1160 bulb.
Maybe I'll replace it with a 5761 bulb, but I already have two 2D mags mods with a 5761 bulb.

If anyone experiences trouble with replacing this slug --> ask me, now I know how it works [can explain it with pics].

thanks FM.
iapyx