Light too beautiful: what to do?

mejesster

Newly Enlightened
I recently lego'd together a Ti McClicky pak, a custom Ti Delghi head, GDuP Seoul, PEU SS bezel and reflector+lens. The light is absolutely gorgeous and puts out a great smooth, bright beam... But I can't bring myself to carry it! At almost $600 total, I worry that it might fall out of my pocket or get scratched or who knows what else.
What do other people do with their beautiful lights, custom or otherwise? What would you recommend for someone wary of carrying such a beautiful light?

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
A: take pictures of it.

B: Post them here immediately if not sooner.

C: Carry the pictures around in your pocket to show off your "baby".

D: Send me the flashlight, I have a big sturdy safe to put it in and protect it.

See, simple. :crackup:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes people enjoy objects for the mechanical look and feel.

Nothing wrong with that. Keep it safe, use it when you need it, and enjoy it, whether you EDC it or not. :)

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
roll it down the driveway. pick it up when it stops. then you wont have to worry anymore.

I have to say it is very liberating after that first scratch. Even though I am a user there was still a part of me afraid to carry my PD-S. After I dropped it for the first time on the sidewalk I am no longer afraid of using it wherever. The good thing about titanium is that you can polish them right up again. Someone here posted before and after pics of a Ti PD after it went up against the road. It looked brand new after some polishing. With regard to carrying it, it is like anything else you may carry that is expensive (watch, jewelry etc.) just be mindful of it. Maybe carry it in a nice holster of some kind.

houtex

Enlightened
I have a light,though not Ti,and a little less than half that price that I wrapped in O-rings. I have dropped it and all went well. Still I only carry it every now and then.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do other people do with their beautiful lights, custom or otherwise?
I don't buy them. Aside from the fact that I can't afford such lights anyway, and that even if I could the bang-per-buck ratio is spectacularly bad, the worry of losing the light would cause me to keep it at home all the time. And then I might as well not have bought it in the first place.

What would you recommend for someone wary of carrying such a beautiful light?
Don't.
Sorry if this isn't of any help, but there's really no other option.

Until we manage to invent a way to inseparably tie your flashlight to your body, if you carry it you risk losing it. If you don't want to lose it, you don't carry it.

big beam

Enlightened
I have the same problem with my fivemega lights.They sit on the shelf and look beautiful but thats about it.:ohgeez:I think I'll sell them someday but not yet,they just look so damn good.
DON

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
Mine have a 30 day newness value,after that they begin with mild scratches(those I chose to carry...collectors item,one of a kind,etc. are set aside).But for the most part if it has the beam I'm looking for on that particular setup...I'm using it...don't get me wrong if I chose to edc my more expensive stock,I take a little more consideration.A custom holster is a great proposal...art of the hide holds my mule perfectly,its not going anywhere unless you pull it.At the same rate I wanted to put my lummi on a key chain and can't bring myself to do it just yet(45 days old)...so yes I feel your pain.

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just do what you want to do!

I have some lights I like to look at. I have some I use regularly.

Sometimes, I swap them. :eek: :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This reminds me of the guy who bought a brand new BMW M3.... and then pulled out his house keys and put a scratch on the driver's door.

He then told the salesman, "Now I can enjoy driving it without any worries."