#1 reason for wanting a Ra Twisty

#1 reason for wanting a Ra Twisty?

• Total voters

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which statement best describes your #1 reason for wanting a Ra Twisty?

Last edited:

ArtFranklin

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for a personal back-up light that 'MUST' work if I needed it. I feel the Twisty is that light. Reliability and durability were the top two factors in my decision. I like it enough to want to purchase the Clicky when it becomes available. For everyday use.

Just a work of art, IMHO.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
My reason for purchasing the Ra is not listed, so I'll spell it out here. I typically jump on the "latest-craze" of lights, in my never ending search for that "perfect" light. I thought I had found that in the Titan, but can't get past the fact that it's CR2 based. I really do think the "tank-like" build of the Ra is going to be beneficial, however at a cost. The cost of size, heft and weight. I'll know that for myself tonight, since my Ra was delivered an hour ago.

My biggest reason for getting the Ra is to compare it to the Arc6, head to head. I don't like to comment, too much, on a product that I have never seen or used. It would be unfair for me to praise or trash the Twisty, without have ever seeing or using one. Now that it's been publicized that the Ra can be customized, that make a huge difference for me too. I don't like being locked into a products pre-sets.

JohnTz

Enlightened
My reason is that it simply works ALL the time. It's not fancy but does what a flashlight should do, illuminate things. Three levels is a must and the Twisty mechanism is my favorite. I have many cooler way more expensive lights but I EDC the Twisty. When the power goes out I grab the Twisty. When I travel I take the Twisty with me. The price is right, and there is no drama associated with it. Henry built a great production product and it is available and does what it's advertised to do. How can you go wrong.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a fan of twisties but this is a keeper and I WILL be purchasing a clicky also. (maybe 2) This light is like a tank IMO! :thumbsup:

txmatt

Enlightened
With Twisty as the name, how can "Unique, Simple, Twisty, Multi-level UI" NOT be one of the choices. The most often reason cited for buying (and sometimes not buying) the Twisty is the twisty UI. No other light offers such a simple UI to turn the light on and adjust output (no button presses, half presses, button press and twist, repeatedly twist on and off and back on, etc). That's why I bought it. The hope of a AA battery tube will further differentiate this light in the high-end arena.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reliability and bomb proof build are the two major deciding factors for me (and most people).

Reasons not to buy... The price, I would love to buy one but I won't be. ENVY!

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
...how can "Unique, Simple, Twisty, Multi-level UI" NOT be one of the choices.

The poll only allows for 10 options, with your statement adding four more, I
had to draw the line somewhere.

- The unique design
- It's imple interface
- The twisty itself
- Multi-level light

Great ideas though and thanks for voting.

fleegs

Enlightened
I bought it for three reasons-

1. The light is calibrated for the LED in it.

2. It reminds me of the PD but has three levels.

3. It's shape reminded me of the LionCub which works well for mouth use.

Rob

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Rob

What does #1 really mean? Does it mean that Low-Med-High on all units (assuming the 100-lumen version) outputs the same amount of light between units and only runtime of those levels could be/would be different?

fleegs

Enlightened
Hi TIN.

That is a good question. This could be wrong but....

I believe the lumen output is calibrated to ensure every light meets the specified lumen and runtime. This could also be done by measuring a lot of lights and picking the lowest number and assume all meet it but I believe Henry has a process to test each light.

Rob

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rob
Are you sure the main reason isn't because Henry built it! :poke::nana:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have one yet but I am simply going on a gut feeling that this will prove to be a good light in many ways. It's appearance speaks of quality as well. I think the clicky will be good as well.