Dropped my TK10, scuffed my LF2, dinged my RAZR

extremetito

Newly Enlightened
So, is there any way to touch up the dings, scratches, gouges, &c., on my black anodized equipment?
Or should I consider them proud badges of usage?
(Not to mention that the imperfections make it hard to regift.)

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
So, is there any way to touch up the dings, scratches, gouges, &c., on my black anodized equipment?
Or should I consider them proud badges of usage?
(Not to mention that the imperfections make it hard to regift.)

Black sharpie, works well with car scratches too!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
My vote is for proud badges, especially for the TK10, how "tactical" is a light that hasn't been through anything?

My cell phone fits snugly next to my Leatherman in my jeans cell phone pocket; the poor plastic of the cell doesn't stand a chance rubbing up against the Leatherman's stainless steel - most of the phone looks good except for the one side, which looks like it fell into a blender.. But people know it's a phone that's *been places*..

mchlwise

Enlightened
There's also this stuff made by Birchwood Casey called "Aluminum Black".

It does really well at covering bare aluminum with a thin black oxidation.

extremetito

Newly Enlightened
Great tips.
I looked up Birchwood Casey, and they also have these "Super Black" touch up pens in both Matte and Glossy black.

aussiebob

Enlightened
Ive tried balck sharpies before and they do cover the marks but after a couple of days the the ink wears off.
I like the look of the battle scared lights so now i dont worry.:)

sappyg

Enlightened
i dropped my new 6p on a concrete slab and dented the front edge of the bezel. i had a few gouges too. i took some 1000 grit sand papper to the gouges and smoothed them right up.
you might try Brownells and Midway for touching up the finish.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
For most tools character marks are what the need! My LF2 has been living with the keys for nearly a year now and try as I may to really break it in, it really is standing up well to use.

Zenster

Enlightened
I'm in both camps. While I'm not too worried that I get some scratches once in a while, I'll also pick up a Sharpie to dress them up a bit.
It's always that very first scratch that hurts the most. After that, it's "just" a light.

For a complete refinish, there's always Gun Kote:
http://www.kgcoatings.com/gunkote.html