Fenix TK11 (18650)

BBL

Enlightened
Did i miss it, or is there really no thread on the upcoming TK11?

There were pictures posted on this site:
http://www.torch.pl/forum/index.php/topic,55790.msg202650/topicseen.html#msg202650

tk1.jpg

If this topic was already discussed, please someone close this thread.

I held back on the TK10 to wait for this light, and i was right :) ... btw. i like those cooling fins. if they just would get rid of the teeth on the tailcap.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
You missed the thread! Hold on it was here yesterday - a big thread. Its gone missing now!

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure about the cooling fins. I won't have any problems ignoring them, though :) The ultimate camping light? Indestructible, can take 18650/CR123A. Nice :D

VolumeRate

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure about the cooling fins. I won't have any problems ignoring them, though :) The ultimate camping light? Indestructible, can take 18650/CR123A. Nice :D

how come Indestructible? any detail info? maybe we can try to build some.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, T1 was pretty much indestructible, TK10 was pretty tough too, so there's no reason to think the TK11 won't also be hella tough.

VolumeRate

Newly Enlightened
Well, T1 was pretty much indestructible, TK10 was pretty tough too, so there's no reason to think the TK11 won't also be hella tough.

so if like this, your idea seems easy to meet, right?

a strong body, with 18650 battery, and a powerful bulb will be fine, also need to be cheap?

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
so if like this, your idea seems easy to meet, right?

a strong body, with 18650 battery, and a powerful bulb will be fine, also need to be cheap?

Not so much a strong body, but strong electronics as well, and 2 stage. As I said in the other thread, the TK10 very nearly persuaded me, but I'd decided by then to go for AAA/AA/18650 battery types and nothing else (smaller batteries used for raw al/ lummi wee excluded), so I passed on the TK10. The fact that they've now released a TK10 with 18650 capability, as well as being able to take CR123A (or at least, I'm assuming it can given there's a RCR graph also given) for backup.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was hoping that Fenix first 18650 light to be a P3D-like not TK10. :mecry:
waiting is over then :(

kageneko

Newly Enlightened
darn... I just ordered a TK10 from fenixstore.com. I would actually prefer the TK11, since it can take both 18650s and CR123/RCR123s. I wonder if they will let me change my order...

kageneko

Newly Enlightened
I might pick one of these up if Fenix-store carries it with the smooth reflector.

I believe it only comes with a smooth reflector. The TK10 comes with an OP reflector.

from the TK11 page on fenixstore.com:

Smooth reflector for maximum throw distance

as opposed to the TK10 page:

• Textured Reflector for optimum balance and transition between spot and flood

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping for a slightly fatter P3D that would take an 18650. The TK11 doesn't offer anything new in design as far as I'm concerned. Did they have trouble fitting a buck/boost circuit in the smaller P3D head or something? I don't see anything different from all the other tactical 2 stage lights flooding the market. This light seems like too little, too late.

drew2001

Newly Enlightened
I like using my TK10

And would probably like the smooth throw on the TK11 too... versus "all the other tactical" lights on the market...

... due to the particular grip ring and tail cap switch styles.

I've not been able to use most other "tactical" lights with an auto pistol (45acp) during low/no light action range practice due to "the others" having a switch design that needs to be depressed with a thumb tip. Most of the other tail cap designs do not have enough button height to operate in a one hand being palmed for momentary on - as in being held in a two handed grip on a gun. The others, yes even the recent T1, as well as many many other designs have too much "defender ring" or tail guard metal surrounding the tail switch button. I'll add that the TK 10-11 does too, but at least it's tail guard is lower than most and so the button sticks up higher. You just can't candle stand with them, but I don't plan to use it that way.

I use my left hand holding the light cigar style between first and second fingers, holding snug against the base web of the fingers, and so now have the tail switch butted up against the meaty base of the thumb's muscle on the left hand. Held in snug this way makes for a secure flashlight grip.

Holding it this way i've been able to clench the light securely, make an easy aim for target aquire, and be able to add the use of the 2nd 3rd 4th fingers laying over my right hand's fingers, bracing them over and against my right hand's grip on my pistol. The light is held near to the left side of the gun, and the three fingers add support to the grip while firing multiple rounds.

My other pure tool use for shooting in a low light situ (until these TK10/11's came out) has been my incans, my older SF Z3 that grips the same as Z2, C2, C3 combat lights. For my style and control, TK10-11 and the SF combats lights have a tall enough switch to be able to palm the switch button for two handed gun grip, equaling better accuracy, and I'm not stuck only using a thumb tip to turn the lights on .

Fenix has the tactical design grip merits understood, finally :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
My take on those cooling fins . . . .

They're available for any future designs,

which just may NEED the additional cooling. :devil:

:whistle:

( nudge, nudge, wink, wink )
_

Latest posts