Fenix new model

crocodilo

Enlightened
At last, Fenix has responded to my dreams, and came up with a new model to meet my desire for:

- A simple light for EDC and general use
- Reliable twisty switch
- Intuitive user interface for mode selection
- Moderate size and price
- Multiple battery options, both primary and rechargeable without loosing modes
- Two modes: high (90ish lumems) and low (10ish lumens)
- Nice colour and anodizing
- Very good beam and tint (on high)
- Very good runtimes on both modes
- Tailstand ability

Check out the pics:

:crackup::grin2: :nana:

fpe4.jpg

fpe3.jpg

fpe2.jpg

fpe1.jpg

crocodilo

Enlightened
Strangely, it sure does look like a natural HA P1CE and an olive HA E01 bundled with a small splitring... :ohgeez:Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Last edited:

Rat6P

Enlightened
What about some epoxy/resin...make a mold...and set the 2 lights in it then fill it with resin....??

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
duct tape, super glue, and rubber bands enable one to kludge together many, many things.

try some epoxy and make a "SPY"-clone!

you're right though, for EDC, your new Fenix double-barrel light addresses most typical uses.

you have a good sense of humor.

crocodilo

Enlightened
It is P1, not a P1CE. The older version is single mode only. It is a fantastic light, and gets even better with a SSC emitter in it... :)

Sorry to disagree, but I do own the light and know it well. I also have a P1, BTW, lovely beam, couple milimeters shorter, no brass heatsink, and a lot less bright, due to it's now obsolete Luxeon III emitter... this P1CE (Cree Edition) has a Cree P4 in it, and it is also single mode. Multimodes only came later with the P1D sub-series.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Kinda' muddles the old CPF addage:

Two is One, and One is None

:candle:
_

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys forgot the one other universal fix all - Liquid Nails! Duct tape, Liquid nails, and rubberbands.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to disagree, but I do own the light and know it well. I also have a P1, BTW, lovely beam, couple milimeters shorter, no brass heatsink, and a lot less bright, due to it's now obsolete Luxeon III emitter... this P1CE (Cree Edition) has a Cree P4 in it, and it is also single mode. Multimodes only came later with the P1D sub-series.

Over looked the OP reflector, oops. And even though you most certainly didnt say P1Dce my mind injected the D when I read it! My bad... :grin2:

crocodilo

Enlightened
Hey, if you love the P1D as much as I doo, that's an easy mistake to do. :)

My P1D Q5 is the light I always balance every other against, because it just does... well, everything so well, in such a small size and at such a modest price. I'm really a fan of all the P twisty series, and I've been long wishing for a P1 with a unpgraded emitter (for more runtime, not more brightness) or a P1D with just two modes (for the minimalistic in me).

BlueBirdTS

Newly Enlightened
Hey, if you love the P1D as much as I doo, that's an easy mistake to do. :)

My P1D Q5 is the light I always balance every other against, because it just does... well, everything so well, in such a small size and at such a modest price. I'm really a fan of all the P twisty series, and I've been long wishing for a P1 with a unpgraded emitter (for more runtime, not more brightness) or a P1D with just two modes (for the minimalistic in me).
A P1D with two modes would be great. I wish more Fenix lights had less modes.