Brightest single/double AA torch under $100

Chris-C

Newly Enlightened
I'm after another toy. I'm impressed by proper throwers of torches and am after inspiration for a new one.

I've got loads of AA rechargables hence the reason behind wanting one that takes AA's.

Ideally I'd spend less than $50 but for something decent i'd spend $100.

So,

What would you guys recommend?

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also keep in mind the Fenix L2D can work with both the 2xAA and a 1xAA battery tube so you can have the best of both worlds.

The 2xAA will have the extra strong "turbo" mode which you won't get on the 1xAA mode. It is a very versatile light.

(in fact you can even use it with a 1xCR123A if you want with the right battery tube, the head of the P2D is the same as that of the L1D and L2D.)

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the L2D Q5 which is great but as Gunner12 says the similar Olight throws further.

REDLINEVUE

Newly Enlightened
I don't own a nitecore... but I would also suggest the JetBeam Jet1 Pro! its an awsome and very birght light Plus, if you feel so inclined, you can run it with 14500's for over 200 Lumens... I also have the L1D CE Q5 and all be it a nice light, its not nearly as bright as my JetBeam.

http://blackforce.stores.yahoo.net/jetipro.html

Last edited:

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2D Q5, Olight T25 or Jet-I Pro EX. All are in the same ballpark (180-200 lumens). But Olight and Jet-I Pro should throw much better than Fenix.

Chris-C

Newly Enlightened
I don't own a nitecore... but I would also suggest the JetBeam Jet1 Pro! its an awsome and very birght light Plus, if you feel so inclined, you can run it with 14500's for over 200 Lumens... I also have the L1D CE Q5 and all be it a nice light, its not nearly as bright as my JetBeam.

Crikey that seems a pretty hardcore light! Might have to get me one of those! THANKS

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you running them both on the same battery in this comparison. If you run both on 14500 or run both on NIMH I bet the difference in brightness won't be that much. From what I've read Fenix lights get better runtimes than JetBeam too.

Crosswire3

Newly Enlightened
I would get the Jetbeam Jet-1 Pro for many reasons found in other threads...great light!

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
actually, im pretty sure that the Jet-1 MK IBS is the brightest 14500 light.

29464827_std.jpg

i am not sure of how bright it is with AA

Crenshaw