• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Can a 27LT be bored for 18650?

StrayLight

Enlightened
I'm certain there are members here with knowledge of the exact dimensions of the 27LT who can say if this is possible or not.

If physically possible, any reason not to?

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 27LT uses a nickel plated brass sleeve like the PD inside of the tube. I am certain that the tube could accommodate an 18650 but the sleeve cannot.

Buy one anyway:poke:

StrayLight

Enlightened
I have one, an LT-S actually.

I'm trying to standardize my stable of batts to RCR123 (3.0V & 3.7V) and 18650 for all my lights.

Thanks for the info.

The Coach

Enlightened
I have one of theses and if fits well and looks great too. I don't use the 18650 though, I got it to put a McClicky switch on the light. :thumbsup:

Illum

Flashaholic
someone will :twak: me for wanting to destroy a mcgizmo light but...

if drilling directly in the center isn't an option, what about drilling off axis and leave part of the battery in the air?

Illum

Flashaholic
if the sleeves there for conduction and boring in center will break the contact region then bore offset to the center and leave a trace to allow the conduction path....that was my reasoning.:ohgeez:

But then again, it's plausible for a thick cased everready but probably not on a gizmo