• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S Malkoff Universal Drop-In/ SOLD** $100 **SOLD

Westwind

Newly Enlightened
For Sale, Malkoff Devices Universal Drop In to fit Maglite with C or D cells. It is in new condition. I installed it and it has only a few trips to the back yard worth of runtime on it.

I am asking $140 and will ship it USPS to anywhere in the continental U.S. insured for free. I can't take Paypal and prefer USPS money orders as it seems to offer protections for both buyer and seller. It will be shipped in the original packing that Mr. Malkoff shipped it in.

Thanks for looking, WW.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z200/westwind4466/P6110035.jpg

P6110034.jpg

From the Malkoff website:

This is the Malkoff Devices Universal Drop-in for Maglite C and D sized flashlights. The same module fits both sizes. It features two Cree Q5 WG tint LED's. And uses the same Khatod optics as utilized in the M60. These optics feature a 6 degree hotspot with a graduated spill pattern. It does not produce the white wall hunter's dream beam, but instead produces a very useful beam for practical use.
The driver is a very efficient boost design and typically produces >= 90% efficiency. It will operate well on alkalines or rechageables.
Typical Output Using Various Inputs:
Input V Output Approx Lumens Current Draw Ma
2.4 (2 x NIMH) 200 1100
3.0 (2 x Alkaline) 260 1100
3.6 (3 x NIMH) 320 1200
4.5 (3 x Alkaline) 380 1300
4.8 (4 x NIMH) 410 1300
6.0 (4 x Alkaline) 480 1400
7.2 (6 x NIMH) 580 1600

Other battery combinations are possible (these are just some examples) including Lithiums as long as the maximum input voltage of 8v is not exceeded.
Average output will vary according to the input voltage.
Runtime can be calculated by dividing the battery capacity (Mah) by the current draw (Ma from the table above). Then subtract 20-25%. This will give a conservative general approximation of runtime.

Last edited:

Westwind

Newly Enlightened
Re: F/S Malkoff Universal Drop-In

[pic moved to post #1]

Last edited by a moderator:

Westwind

Newly Enlightened

[text moved to post #1]

Westwind

Newly Enlightened

Sorry Marnav- first timer here and went about posting it a bit backwards! We were probably both typing at the same time. I know it can be done but I wasn't able to put text and a pic/pics in the same post.

Last edited:

Westwind

Newly Enlightened

[Text moved to post #1]

geonex

Newly Enlightened

How does output and runtime compare to the TerraLUX TLE-300M for 4-6 D Cell MagLites 600 lumens?
http://www.batteryjunction.com/tle-300.html

Just wanted to point out that the TLE-300M puts out 600 lumens at the emitter on start-up. This drops to 500 lumens after a few moments and that is also at the emitter.

Several folks here have placed the output at close to 330ish torch lumens; I'd say that's pretty accurate based on my experience (I have a 300M and like it just fine, but my P7 blows it away).

Can't speak to this specific Malkoff, but of the 3 Malkoffs I do own - they have all exceeded my expectations.

tn6110

Newly Enlightened

:thumbsup:I bought one and it is my favorite light at this time. I am running it with 6 AA NiMh's in 2 Kai 3AA to D adapters and it is very bright, and has great throw. I have also put it into a 4 C cell mag and a 3 D cell mag with alkaline batteries and it is just really nice drop in. It is bright even with alkalines. I don't really need another one so somebody please buy this:)

Westwind

Newly Enlightened
Re: F/S Malkoff Universal Drop-In Pricedrop/ $130

Pricedrop! $130 shipped in the continental United States.

Thank you for the good reviews of this item! I was also running it on 6AA's. It really is a nice item, but I have a bit of a tendency to buy, try and sell. Want to sell it so the cycle can continue! :shrug:

Thanks for looking, ww.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: F/S Malkoff Universal Drop-In Pricedrop/ $130

I've tidied up a bit by moving all the info from 3 other posts into post #1.

However, you need to resize the 2 pics there. They are too big. The max permitted size is 800 x 800 pixels. I see you are using Photobucket - there is a facility there to resize images.

Westwind

Newly Enlightened
Re: F/S Malkoff Universal Drop-In/ Pricedrop- $130

DM51-

Thanks- that looks much better and I appreciate it. I re-sized the pics. ww.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast

7.2 (6 x NIMH) 580 1600

Other battery combinations are possible (these are just some examples) including Lithiums as long as the maximum input voltage of 8v is not exceeded.

Hot off the charger, NiMH would be more like 1.4 volts, so 6 would exceed 8 volts.
Would that risk blowing the converter?

DM51

Flashaholic

I re-sized the pics. ww.
Your re-size didn't take with the 1st pic - it was still 1024x768. It has been turned into a link. When you've resized it, you can post it again. The 2nd pic is OK.

Westwind

Newly Enlightened
Re: F/S Malkoff Universal Drop-In/ Pricedrop** $100 **

$100! It's got to go! ww

Boostedvl

Newly Enlightened

Westwind,

I would take it if you could accept Paypal and don't mind sending to Australia.

All the best!

Last edited:

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast

:takeit:

I have the USPS money order purchased and ready to fill out, just need to hear from the seller.

Last edited:

jarris50

Newly Enlightened

Andy, nice snag. Just in case I'll throw my name in there as back up.