Wolf Eyes Angel questions

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Does anybody know what the specs are on a Angel AX running a 123A with the CX body?

I'm really interested in getting an Angel AX, I'm just not sure if I should spring for the CX body to go along with it.

A couple of other quick questions:

The Angel CX only has one mode, right?

The heads on the AX and CX are different, but each can run on either AA or 123A, correct?

Thanks for any input!

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody know what the specs are on a Angel AX running a 123A with the CX body?

I'm really interested in getting an Angel AX, I'm just not sure if I should spring for the CX body to go along with it.

A couple of other quick questions:

The Angel CX only has one mode, right?

The heads on the AX and CX are different, but each can run on either AA or 123A, correct?

Thanks for any input!

Not sure where you are....I have both, they were bought in Australia. This is my experience;

The A body can run on any AA cell including the 14500 Li-ion and can use either the A head or the C head. Clearly it is brighter on the 14500.

The C body can run on any CR123 cell including the RCR123 Li-ion and can use either the A head or the C head. The difference in brightness is not as great.

The A head is about 180 or 190 lumens and will give longer run time than the C head which is about 200 lumens.

Our Angels from Quarterflash have four modes; high, medium, low and strobe......not sure what they are like in the US from PTS.....hope this helps.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
I'm in the US. I guess I should modify my profile.

Thanks for the reply, that certainly answers some of my questions.

The only other thing I would ask is how does the output on the A head compare between a Lithium AA (not rechargeable) and a 123A (not rechargeable)?

Basically what I am getting at is whether or not there is any/enough increase in performance from running the A head on a 123A to justify getting the C body to go along with the AX?

Where are you at in Australia? I spent a semester in college at JCU and loved every minute of it. :D

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think I can answer your specific questions, I have the A body and the C body, both with the C heads, running on Li-ions. (14500 and RCR123) The output and performance is identical in my case, I have the longer model and my wife uses the shorter one. I have no experience on how these perform on primary cells, perhaps someone else can comment......btw, South Australia in my home state :)

curiousone1

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if the switch in the Wolf Eyes Angel series (A or C) is replaceable? I am thinking of buying, but cannot tell from any of the forums or pictures I've seen. :confused:

Edit: Nevermind.......found this on another site:

"The tail cap is permanently attached to the battery tube and is not meant to be removable. This also means that the clip attached which is attached between the battery tube and tail section is permanently attached to the light."

Last edited:

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
The switch is not replaceable and is built into the body. Wolf Eyes dealers will cover faulty lights. Running a CX head on an AX body will work just fine. Output depends totally on what type of AA's you feed it; alkaline or li-ion.

The AX body is a great back up when/if you run out of CR123's

curiousone1

Newly Enlightened
In case anyone is curious about which grade of aluminum is used for the Wolf Eyes Angel C series EDCs....

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your kindly inquiry.

We use 6061 as our body material. We are sorry for the misunderstanding for the two places' description.

Thanks for your concern and kindly interest. If you need more assistant please contact us.

Best regards!

Michelle Mi
Co-Photoel Tech Co., Ltd.
5/F, Jinda Science & Technology Center, #8 Kefeng Road,
NanshanHigh-techIndustrial Park, Shenzhen, 518057, China
Tel: 0086 - 755 - 2658 4295 Fax: 0086 - 755 - 2658 4294
E-mail:[email protected]; [email protected]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 5:42 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Wolf Eyes Angel C series flashlights

On your web site: http://www.wolf-eyes.com/product/Anel-C Detail.html

Under Features, you list the flashlight body material as "Aerospace-grade Aluminum body, HA III Military grade hard anodized in natural"

and under Specifications, you list Material as "aircraft aluminum alloy"

Which aluminum alloy do you use? 6061, 6063 or 7075?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited: