Novatac Mod Idea

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
I was thinking about how a lot of people like the Novatac line of lights (myself included) but I realised that I would like to have a bit more throw from a 120P.

So Here is my idea:

As far as I can gather a deeper reflector will increase throw at the expense of spill.

So it go me thinking that if one decided to make an extension for the front of the Novatac where the lens retaining ring currently sits that extends the length in front of the emitter to allow for a longer reflector which would switch the novatac from 50/50 throw/spill to something like 90/10.

This is of course dependant on having the reflector come out when the lens is removed.

What do you think?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Search for the Supernova. It is a Novatac modded by Milkyspit. It uses the Surefire KL1 optic for more throw and less spill. I would like to see if the KX1 optic fits as well. It has a good balance of throw and spill for those that need more throw.

The limitation of a reflector is that it has a set parabolic shape and will have to be larger diameter if it gets deeper.

Russki

Enlightened
I was thinking about how a lot of people like the Novatac line of lights (myself included) but I realised that I would like to have a bit more throw from a 120P.

So Here is my idea:

As far as I can gather a deeper reflector will increase throw at the expense of spill.

So it go me thinking that if one decided to make an extension for the front of the Novatac where the lens retaining ring currently sits that extends the length in front of the emitter to allow for a longer reflector which would switch the novatac from 50/50 throw/spill to something like 90/10.

This is of course dependant on having the reflector come out when the lens is removed.

What do you think?

This is great idea. I think I heard about it some time in past. Unfortunately nobody make it alive.
I personally want to see extension for HDS or Novatac light to accommodate Mcr-XR-19 reflector with Cree Led. This will throw more then Seoul.

Latest posts