oxy/acet cutting torch Victor recomendation

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is time I upgraded my cheap foreign made oxy acet rig. I already have a buyer for my old one, although it is for a pittance. The problem lies in that he wants it soon and I can't decide which rig to get.

I use a Victor Journeyman at work and am very happy with it, but it is pricey. I am also very interested in the Victor Performer series at about half the pice of the Journeyman, or even a little better. It is my understanding that only the Journeyman series has stainless disk's in the regulator, and that is a good thing, but I probably only use this thing 5 or 6 times a year, and it's very hard to justify the additional money at this point.

I would take suggestions on other quality brands like Harris or something, but really, I am mostly sold on the 2 I mention above at this point. Out here Victor is pretty much the standard and parts and consumables are easier to find than they would be for Harris or something.

Anyone have any experience with the Performer or any knowledge of the quality of the regulators?

I will mostly be working with max 3/8 thickness materials, general cutting, and heating with a rosebud. I know a blend fuel would be more cost efficient, and safer as long as I don't plan any gas welding, but I am already out a pretty penny for my bottles, and don't want to change fuels. Also, I really like the 200-250 dollar price range.