Walt175

Empath

Flashaholic
Last edited:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Empath.

Sad news indeed. So young.

Walt, we all hope you've found the light. God Bless.

Bill

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad news indeed. It always was a pleasure talking to Walt at photonfest's. He will be missed for sure. God bless Walt and his family.

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
Walt was such a nice guy he will be missed
cry2.gif

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
No way, I can't believe it. :sad: Damn I always enjoyed chatting with him at the photon fests. I hope he rests in peace.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I met Walt as well at PF8, sitting in front of a dining room table with a very large number of flashlights in front of him. I remember thinking, "this dude's serious about his lights". Only spoke with him briefly.

Very sad news. RIP, Walt!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too met Walt at the first PF I attended. A real nice guy enthusiastic about lights. He'll be missed by all.

Karl

m16a

Enlightened
Yes, a true shame, I think we all are sad. I know I am:( I only met him once at the most recent PF, but he was a very kind person, bringing along his large collection specifically cause a new light collector(myself) was attending. He will be missed. RIP Walt:(

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walt was a really nice guy. I always looked forward to seeing him at the PF events. He will be missed. Rest in peace Walt.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just posted over in the PF10 thread, since Walt attended several PhotonFests and that was the most recent... here's an excerpt...

[size=+1]R.I.P. Walt175[/size]

Folks, I've learned some sad news. Our friend and PhotonFest regular Walt175 passed away at 3AM on June 15, 2008.

IMG_3654a.JPG

IMG_3999.jpg

One personal recollection: when Walt attended his first PhotonFest, we coincidentally made our first attempt at a freebie raffle at the event... perhaps the premier prize was a brand new in box Fenix L0P, if memory serves, at that time a newly-released and much anticipated light. Walt was a flashlight newbie... when he won the L0P, you couldn't conceive of a happier recipient: his excitement was impossible to conceal, nor did he even make the attempt; rather he shared it with all in attendance that day. It was that prize which might have set off his passion for modding, and for all things flashaholic. For my part, I heard from Walt a number of times afterward... sometimes looking for a particular part or perhaps some advice, sometimes spilling the beans about his latest creation...

His enthusiasm was infectious. Come to think of it, I don't recall Walt ever NOT being enthusiastic. It was one with his persona, for me it was his signature element, a soft-spoken voice always a half-step away from a chuckle... always ready with some kind words or a smile... that was his spirit, the Walt I'd come to know. I cannot remember Walt ever lacking in these attributes, and it's what I'll always remember about him. How could one NOT help but come away a little happier after spending a few pleasant moments in Walt's company?

We'll keep your seat warm, that one at the corner of the table, your unofficial assigned seat.

You will be missed my friend.

Walt, I'm sorry this has happened and will miss your company... but for me, you'll live on in your spirit, and the positive influence you've had on my own life. Thank you my friend, rest in peace.

luxlover

Banned
Walt and I had about four lengthy phone conversations. His enthusiasm about lights was like that of a kid in Disneyland. He would rattle on about a light he bought, sold, traded or modded. He was proud of himself when he modded a light to his satisfaction.....as he should be. From the first light he won at a PhotonFest raffle, a Fenix L0P, to the present, he got the modding bug faster than anybody I have seen before.

We will all miss our jolly smiling guy at his perch at the corner of milkyspit's dining room table, at our Oct 18th gathering.

Rest In Peace Walt, and keep your love of lights active.....up there in Heaven!

Jeff

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walt was a great guy, always happy and excited about his latest mod, working miracles on those Harbor Frieght hosts. A big guy with great passion for tiny lights.

Every time I see a new mini light I'll think Walt would like this one.

Rest in the Light, Walt.

Brian

jtr1962

Flashaholic
My sincerest condolences to Walt's family. Although we never met or crossed paths here at CPF, it's truly tragic when one so full of spirit dies so young. We are the poorer for it. May you find the light, Walt.

Joe

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, very sad indeed. Jeff(Luxlover) and I were just going over some pics of PF10 this past weekend and that picture of Walt with all his lights made me smile. I sat with him for a while that day while he showed me his vast collection of toys.

My prayers and with him and his family, he will be missed :sigh:

Ray